By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Have You Signed up to the Epic Games Store?

Have You Signed up to the Epic Games Store?

Yes 192 19.67%

Not yet, but I will 54 5.53%

Not yet, and I'm not sure if I will 135 13.83%

No, not interested 595 60.96%

Total:976
John2290 said:
Chazore said:

You're looking at a guy who says no to it.

Smh. 

I have had PSN+ since it started.  Total number of free games claimed? 1. Journey. That's it.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Around the Network
John2290 said:
dharh said:

I have had PSN+ since it started.  Total number of free games claimed? 1. Journey. That's it.

You're that lazy not to click 2 buttons. You never know when your tastes may change or you may crave a certain genre and by your own laziness will have  to pay for it. It's foolish to me but it is your own choice to be lazy.

Lazy yes, but also I have been doing RPGs almost exclusively for over a decade.  I already have a back catalog of 100+ physical games from back in the day.  I don't remember many RPGs being offered that I didn't already own.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

S.Peelman said:
There should be a launcher for all these launchers.

There actually is, and a few more out there: https://playnite.link/

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Ka-pi96 said:
Never! I won't betray Steam!

This is a joke, right?

Conina said:
BasilZero said:

I’ll be honest - you might as well quit gaming while you are at it.

There’s far bigger issues to worry about than a store going down.

Yeah, I never understood that line of thought. "If I can't have something forever, I don't want it at all. Enjoying the time with something while it lasts is no option."

With that attitude you will never buy a pet (it will die in a few years anyways) or marry (perhaps she dies before me or leaves me after a few decades/years) or buy a cars (which probably won't last more than two decades, perhaps even sooner after a car accident).

Oh, you'd like to pay $1500 for a purebred animal? Sure, just sign this ridiculous contract that amounts to me (the breeder) having all legal ownership of said animal until the end of time. That means I (the breeder) can take said animal away from you for any reason at any time. You have no rights to the animal you just purchased! If the animal has puppies, I have all legal rights to them as well! Also, there's a ticking time bomb in your new pet, which will go off unless, I keep my servers up to date from now until the day the animal dies. 

What's that? You're finding a different breeder? Why? 

You can imagine a similar scenario playing out with the wedding issue. Something like a ridiculous prenup, that gives the father of the bride all legal control over everything in your life. 

Or imagine a car dealership telling you that you cannot have the car worked on, except by their ridiculously expensive mechanic. Oh, and nobody can drive the car but you. And you can't sell the car to anybody but the dealership. Etc, etc. 

Oh, and BTW it's not about owning something forever. Its about having the rights to what I purchased. 

Around the Network

Mineyhatting exclusives just because they have alot of money to burn. For me its anticonsumers because they are basically forcing use to use their launcher. Atm epic store doesnt have things that exist on steam like buying from a online store thats cheaprr and than uaing the keys on steam. 

I always believe if u have faith in ur product , let users decide which ti use especially if u claim u are cheaper to steam and give more to devs.

Immersiveunreality said:

dane007 said:
Nah will never do it . I dont need another launcher but i dont support those who think they are above the law and buy people off

What do they do to act like being above the law?

Nah i dont . That too hate as well. Therr shouldnt beany timed exclusives. Third party should be on all consoles at launch

Conina said:

dane007 said:
Nah will never do it . I dont need another launcher but i dont support those who think they are above the law and buy people off

But you support 3rd party exclusives or 3rd party timed exclusives on consoles?

I know lol. They are doing what rich coporatiom normally do. They think they can do what they want cause how much money they have to burn. Thats what i meant by above the law. These practices should be banned and made against the law  😂.

Lafiel said:

dane007 said:

lol, Epic has done nothing that is against "the law", at most they are acting against "gamer morals", but those clearly aren't based on capitalism

I am saying no lol. I ak not going to support them because they are giving away free games. I rather just pay on steam and support steam instead lol.

John2290 said:
I do not believe this poll. No one says no to free games.

I did sign up but only because I already had the launcher from when Unreal Tournament was at least semi-relevant