By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Unexpectedly Scary Nintendo Moments

That Redead in the Under the Well mini-dungeon in Ocarina of Time...

Also, that hand in the Forest Temple that tries to get you out of the dungeon always freaks me out.

The expression on the face of the Happy Mask Salesman when he gets angry...

Of course, the moon in Majora's Mask.

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Didn't have TTYD or the first Pikmin, so I couldn't relate to those. Just knew the overarching storyline, which is supposed to play 250 Million years in the future.

Wait, you played the first Paper Mario, and Super Paper Mario, but not TTYD? Good sir, correct this at once! That's easily the best game in the series! You have deprived yourself!

HylianSwordsman said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Didn't have TTYD or the first Pikmin, so I couldn't relate to those. Just knew the overarching storyline, which is supposed to play 250 Million years in the future.

Wait, you played the first Paper Mario, and Super Paper Mario, but not TTYD? Good sir, correct this at once! That's easily the best game in the series! You have deprived yourself!

I got My Gamecube in 2005 and couldn't find TTYD at the time. I got the Gameboy Player easily, but no TTYD.

In fact Super Paper Mario was my first Paper Mario, followed by Paper Mario on the Wii VC (My N64 was a gift I got only in 2007, along a PS2, long after their demise. The original owner loved 2D Jump&Run, but couldn't find many on those platforms).

Speaking of which, here's hoping for a new Paper Mario announcement at E3 this year.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Every SA-X scene in Metroid Fusion.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:

That's not scary, that's comedy gold!

Bofferbrauer2 said:
HylianSwordsman said:

I got My Gamecube in 2005 and couldn't find TTYD at the time. I got the Gameboy Player easily, but no TTYD.

In fact Super Paper Mario was my first Paper Mario, followed by Paper Mario on the Wii VC (My N64 was a gift I got only in 2007, along a PS2, long after their demise. The original owner loved 2D Jump&Run, but couldn't find many on those platforms).

Speaking of which, here's hoping for a new Paper Mario announcement at E3 this year.

As a massive Paper Mario fan, I would flip out if they announced anything, even if it isn't as good as the original ones. I've come to realize they each are amazing in their own way:

Paper Mario - Incredibly unique, an above average story experience for a Mario game.

TTYD - The perfected battling system, settings are amazing, characters as well. By far the best settings and mechanics in the series.

SPM - While the controls were weird (causing me to replay this one probably the least of the first three), the story in this game was amazing. This showed me the depth Nintendo can go to when they want to.

Sticker Star - As dumbed down as the system was, and as infuriating as them replacing all the cool settings/characters with typical Mario ones was, the game had a massive sense of humor with real world objects being thrown into a papery world and the collection museum was highly addicting. Still, sticks. Ugh.

Color Splash - If TTYD was the perfect of the original formula, then Color Splash was the perfection of the sticker formula introduced in Sticker Star. The first high definition game in the series, things popped like never before. Still, perfection of something established (particularly something unpopular like stories and every character being a toad basically) isn't really original.

Honestly, the best "story" we've gotten in the PM series in years was Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam, which was quite fun!

HylianSwordsman said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

I fixed your typo!