By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is it really accurate to compare Nintendo to Disney at this point?

KLXVER said:

Disney do like sure money. That's never a sure thing with video games these days. If they were to buy anyone it would be Sony. They have the rights to Spider-Man after all. I still hope Sony doesn't get acquired by Disney even if they are so dependable as you say.

Disney:

Around the Network
Conina said:
KLXVER said:

Disney do like sure money. That's never a sure thing with video games these days. If they were to buy anyone it would be Sony. They have the rights to Spider-Man after all. I still hope Sony doesn't get acquired by Disney even if they are so dependable as you say.

Disney:

They sure could. They own half of the entertainment industry at this point. 

Ill just ask Disney to wait until Sony and Nintendo gets out of the console business and becomes a service like Netflix. Then Disney can have them both for free for all I care.

KLXVER said:

I still hope Sony doesn't get acquired by Disney even if they are so dependable as you say.

Damn, now I want this to happen too.

Basil's YouTube Channel

Conina said:
Eventually Nintendo will be a part of Disney (in a few decades)

I honestly wouldn't be surprised. 

KLXVER said:
CaptainExplosion said:

It'd be more logical to just buy the movie rights back from Sony. Cheaper too.

Sure, but Sony owns other rights as well. Like James Bond. Music by the Beatles and Michael Jackson and the most popular console brand ever.

Yeah, let's just stop them at Spider-Man, we can't let Disney keep monopolizing things like this.

Around the Network

I think when people say that Nintendo are like Disney they are referring specifically to Disney animation (and particularly the older 2-D animation) as they both espouse the same sort of mindset of being entertainment for the whole family. They're not referring to the gigantic corporate media empire that Disney is today.

In the Video Game industry, yes Nintendo is comparable to Disney. They are even opening their own theme parks ffs.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Nah, one of them is not trying to be a terrible monopoly.

You can but it's kind of like comparing Ace Hardware to Walmart.  

Shiken said:
In the Video Game industry, yes Nintendo is comparable to Disney. They are even opening their own theme parks ffs.

If you're talking about the Nintendo themed areas coming to Universal then it's kind of misleading to say they're "opening their own theme parks."  A lot of IP has or has had themed areas in Universal.  

If Nintendo is actually opening their own theme parks then I'm wrong and haven't heard about it.  

ARamdomGamer said:
Nah, one of them is not trying to be a terrible monopoly.

To be fair, Nintendo did try, they just didn't succeed.