By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - If all 3 consoles were $299.99, the PS3 would be in Lead by 300,000.

This is just hypothetical stuff.

What would have happened if all 3 consoles were $299.99

To Figure out: # of Consoles Sold * Price =  Revenue,    Revenue/299  = # of Consoles sold if price was 299

*Of course these figures are off because nobody could actually pinpoint the number of consoles sold...but this is what I got.

*Also I assumed the highest SKU for the PS3 and 360, $599 for PS3, $399 for 360 (didn't calculate elite) 

XBOX 360:

Current:  9.74 Million-18 months

$299.99: 12.99 Million - 18 months, 4.32 Million in 6 months

Wii:

Current: 7.51 Million - 6 months

$299.99:  6.25 Million - 6 months

PS3:

Current: 3.27 Million - 6 months

$299.99:  6.55 Million - 6 months

So the sales would equal:

#1 - PS3 (6.55 Million)

#2 - Wii ( 6.25 Million)

#3 - 360 (4.32 Million)

Hmm....interesting...looks like Sony has made the most revenue (in the first 6 months) but also taken the biggest loss.

Well hope you had fun reading.

Thoughts? 

Around the Network

There is a bigger chance of the PS3 being in the lead, only because if it was set at the same price as the Xbox 360, and Nintendo Wii, more people would buy it, because it's a lot more valuable. Now, if all three consoles were set at the same value (not price. Two different things), than that would be a different story.

I don't see what's the point. If monkeys could fly, would they still throw poop?

If the PS3 and 360 were $299 each... the PS3 wouldn't have the Cell, RSX, or Blu-ray, and the 360 wouldn't have a hard drive. And if the Wii were $299 and sold at a loss like the others, it would be more technically capable. So what's your point?

If PS3 the way it is now (BR/Cell) was $300 MS would be buying out a bankrupt Sony.

Around the Network

Dudes, if reality were different....Sony would be the "bestest!" What?! I'm just sayin'.....

"There are three types of lies : Lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli ( Made famous by Mark Twain )

PSN ID: DeviantPathways

Wii Number: 0081 3044 1559 2355

this hypothetical argument has been waging on and on for months personally, I think xbox would be winning, mainly due to the fact that none of the other companies could have manufactured enough to overtake it yet. personally, I would not have changed my choice in console even if they were all $300

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

omgwtfbbq said:
this hypothetical argument has been waging on and on for months personally, I think xbox would be winning, mainly due to the fact that none of the other companies could have manufactured enough to overtake it yet. personally, I would not have changed my choice in console even if they were all $300
  It would be winning for sure, because of the year head start, but till the end of 07 it would be overtaken...hell its on course to be overtaken till the end of 07 anyway...if only Nitty can get enough consoles out there. 

You don't know that...if they were all 300...360 could still be winning, because the PS3 would basically have no benefits anymore... This is all hypothetical stuff that's not going to go anywhere.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
You don't know that...if they were all 300...360 could still be winning, because the PS3 would basically have no benefits anymore... This is all hypothetical stuff that's not going to go anywhere.

exactly, just give it up.

Accept the fact that Sony is getting their ass handed to them.