By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wolfenstein: Youngblood launches July 26, adds Switch version

Tagged games:

- Same day as other versions
- Gets both Standard and deluxe pack for $30 and $40, no Switch tax
- No internet download
- Amazing cover art

Thank you, Bethesda

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network
Paatar said:
- No internet download
- Amazing cover art

Thank you, Bethesda

@bolded Thank god, because ...

One of the ugliest things to ever happen to a cover. 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Paatar said:
- No internet download
- Amazing cover art

Thank you, Bethesda

No joke there, they really ruined it.

On the other hand, they should have titled it The New Blood, just to go on with the tradition, even if it aounds clichéd

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Can't wait to play it, I really loved the New Colossus

The first game ran pretty badly in one level on PC, so much so that I stopped playing. And the PS4 game I had I sold. So I'm not really sure how to continue with this series because I want to play the new ones in order. Regardless, cool to see continued Switch support.

Gonna be honest, it ran like crap for me on my 980 build back in 2015, and even then on my 1080ti build, I still had to edit the game's config files, constantly input commands when in-game, just to get it to play nice with my high refresh rate. The second game ran better by miles, but I still got some stuttering here and there. Also both games had megatextures (Will you guys seriously lay off from using those until we're all sporting NVMEs please?) and had some low level textures and texture pop in. 

I've already spotted this from the new trailer alone, which doesn't bode well, texture wise: 

Sure, there's DoF blur there, but the seat still looks rather flat, despite the blur, and I've seen textures like that a lot throughout the first game. The second game had plenty of bad textures here and there (I'll post those when we see what the new game looks like fully). 

Last edited by Chazore - on 27 March 2019

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

What is super exciting to me is the announcement of the Buddy Feature for co-op!

Buy the deluxe edition and you can invite a friend to play for free!

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Really torn over this.

I did really enjoy New Colossus, but the "co-op" element gives me PTSD flashbacks to RE5. I prefer to play alone and I'm concerned that poor partner AI might be a constant annoyance. Guess I'll have to wait til it comes out and hear from those who've played it solo.

Also, while it's great to see it coming to Switch day 1, no physical release for the standard version in PAL territories is shitty.

EDIT: Though for those who want it physically, we're apparently still getting the Deluxe version.

Also: Panic Button confirmed to be doing the Switch port

https://gonintendo.com/stories/331808-panic-button-handling-wolfenstein-youngblood-on-switch

Last edited by curl-6 - on 27 March 2019

curl-6 said:

Really torn over this.

I did really enjoy New Colossus, but the "co-op" element gives me PTSD flashbacks to RE5. I prefer to play alone and I'm concerned that poor partner AI might be a constant annoyance. Guess I'll have to wait til it comes out and hear from those who've played it solo.

Also, while it's great to see it coming to Switch day 1, no physical release for the standard version in PAL territories is shitty. The wording on this is vague though; it makes it sounds as though the Deluxe version WILL be available physically in PAL, though I can find no definitive confirmation on this.

https://gonintendo.com/stories/331808-panic-button-handling-wolfenstein-youngblood-on-switch

I am excited about the co-op part.

Was hoping for couch/split-screen coop but I am guessing if they were going to have that they'd have announced it by now.

JB HiFi lists the deluxe edition as $69AUD and says nothing about download tokens so I'd say we're getting a physical version.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
curl-6 said:

Really torn over this.

Also, while it's great to see it coming to Switch day 1, no physical release for the standard version in PAL territories is shitty. The wording on this is vague though; it makes it sounds as though the Deluxe version WILL be available physically in PAL, though I can find no definitive confirmation on this.

I am excited about the co-op part.

Was hoping for couch/split-screen coop but I am guessing if they were going to have that they'd have announced it by now.

JB HiFi lists the deluxe edition as $69AUD and says nothing about download tokens so I'd say we're getting a physical version.

Ah, good to see we're getting a physical release at least, even if only for the Deluxe edition.

For now this is going on my "wait and see" list, but honestly it's like 80% likely I'll end up buying it. If the partner AI in solo play is decent, I'm in. With so much to play this year already I'll probably store it away for early 2020 so I'll have something to play in the inevitable early year dry months.

I hope this releasing in July means there's a chance we could get Doom Eternal late this year.

Paatar said:
- No internet download
- Amazing cover art

Thank you, Bethesda

While true, I think if the info that internet download was required to play the game was tucked away on the back cover or not on the cover at all...