By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wolfenstein: Youngblood launches July 26, adds Switch version

Tagged games:

One of my most anticipated games. In fact, going by my most wanted voting the last few months, it's #1. Really have to play Wolfenstein 2 soon.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
The first game ran pretty badly in one level on PC, so much so that I stopped playing. And the PS4 game I had I sold. So I'm not really sure how to continue with this series because I want to play the new ones in order. Regardless, cool to see continued Switch support.

I looked it up and the PC version did indeed have frame rate issues that the console versions did not. How weird. I considered the PS4 version of the The New Order to have flawless performance. At least for my tastes.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

curl-6 said:
starcraft said:

I am excited about the co-op part.

Was hoping for couch/split-screen coop but I am guessing if they were going to have that they'd have announced it by now.

JB HiFi lists the deluxe edition as $69AUD and says nothing about download tokens so I'd say we're getting a physical version.

Ah, good to see we're getting a physical release at least, even if only for the Deluxe edition.

For now this is going on my "wait and see" list, but honestly it's like 80% likely I'll end up buying it. If the partner AI in solo play is decent, I'm in. With so much to play this year already I'll probably store it away for early 2020 so I'll have something to play in the inevitable early year dry months.

I hope this releasing in July means there's a chance we could get Doom Eternal late this year.

Absolutely.

Look, I am going to say it is highly likely they will have strong AI for the coop character. All three of these games thus far have been excellent. They must know if they release a game dedicated to coop and the AI partner is useless they will get slammed. And its likely much easier to craft an AI companion for a linear campaign with set levels than a far less predictable multiplayer environment.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Little kids fighting nazis? Not sure for me...

starcraft said:
curl-6 said:

Ah, good to see we're getting a physical release at least, even if only for the Deluxe edition.

For now this is going on my "wait and see" list, but honestly it's like 80% likely I'll end up buying it. If the partner AI in solo play is decent, I'm in. With so much to play this year already I'll probably store it away for early 2020 so I'll have something to play in the inevitable early year dry months.

I hope this releasing in July means there's a chance we could get Doom Eternal late this year.

Absolutely.

Look, I am going to say it is highly likely they will have strong AI for the coop character. All three of these games thus far have been excellent. They must know if they release a game dedicated to coop and the AI partner is useless they will get slammed. And its likely much easier to craft an AI companion for a linear campaign with set levels than a far less predictable multiplayer environment.

I certainly hope so as I really liked New Order and New Colossus. I was just so traumatized by RE5 that any mention of forced co-op makes me worried. XD

On the more positive side of things, nice to see that according to the cover art it doesn't require an install like New Colossus did.

Between games like this, Mortal Kombat 11, Hellblade, Team Sonic Racing, Crash Team Racing, Cuphead, etc third party support for the Switch is really ramping up this year.