By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A simple rumor produces a +5% boost on nintendo Tokyo stock price.

BlackBeauty said:
Who said Nintendo is competing with the other 2?

A power increase isn’t an indication of them competing anything.

If it means Nintendo can build unique experiences based on the extra power (full blown wireless vr, 5g capable, etc) then its more than welcomed.

Nintendo is competing with Sony and Microsoft just not directly. It's more like how Apple is competing with PC's.  They compete with PC's with a differentiated product however they are not competing as directly as say two companies that make competing Windows computers. Yes, Apple tries to get as much Windows based program available on their computers but also create their own exclusive software.

Around the Network

Right now Nintendo's stock is down overall based on speculation of future decreased Switch demand. Now that there is good reason to believe that demand will be increasing many investors are jumping back in at low prices.

Socke said:

Nintendo needs a new chip because of the piracy and power consumption. You won't see anything of the extra power. That's just a side effect of the new chip. The difference between a beautiful game like GTA V on a XBOX 360 (from 2005) and the most beautiful game on the Switch is hardly noticeable. And that's 14 years of difference.

I don't know if you are right here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9BhJIaxH84

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xm24-ylWsfo

The first link is one of the most powerfull and demanding game of the end of the 7th gen, and the 2nd is just a standard port arrived at 1 year of the switch's life.

Mordred11 said:
A simple irrelevant stock fluctuation produces a pointless thread.

We have reached peak "Chartz". 

If true, mini switch could be around 150 and 200$ and is coming to animal crossing and pokemon. It would be massive, independent of pro version! (well, before all these rumors I was expecting mini this year and pro in 2020).

But, as investor, I would wait for the next investors meeting. If nintendo forecasts a few millions beyond 20M, mini would be real, and the hype would be too.

Around the Network

The stock value went up because they are convinced Nintendo is bringing them more longterm investment on the Switch.

Also, it's not a Switch Pro and Switch Mini. It's more likely a Switch Generation 2.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

RaptorChrist said:
RolStoppable said:

Not the first time. The OP has bought some Nintendo shares and is in the process of coming to understand that speculation and rumor can have just as much, if not more, of an effect on share price than actual company performance.

Rol with his condescending charm.

Well, Rol is correct, at least in his analysis of typical stock price fluctuations in the short term.