By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A simple rumor produces a +5% boost on nintendo Tokyo stock price.

This is just stupid...But I am starting to understand it more and more now.

Only RUMOR... nothing stated by Nintendo. I still believe into a cheap more limited model, but the Switch Pro still doesn't make sens to me, as the gap would need to stay small to keep compatibility with the 35 millions of base consoles sold already, and this little power increase would absolutly not help the Switch to keep the competition with the 2 others.

Plus every triple A games run in 720/900p max, why would we need a 1080p screen...For what

Around the Network

Who said Nintendo is competing with the other 2?

A power increase isn’t an indication of them competing anything.

If it means Nintendo can build unique experiences based on the extra power (full blown wireless vr, 5g capable, etc) then its more than welcomed.

You shouldn't pay too much attention to the stocks. They tend to jump up and down when someone so much as sneezes.

These short term jumps are meaningless, the stock market is long term investment. What metters more is the general trend over a certain time period and whether this trend goes up or down.

A simple irrelevant stock fluctuation produces a pointless thread.

Around the Network

Stocks have two components, a short term component and a long term component.  The long term component is essentially exponential growth based on the company's long term performance.  The short term component is often modeled by a random walk, because it is based on the behavior of daily trading.

Warren Buffet tends to focus on the exponential growth part.  He finds a company that is managed well, tries to buy at a low price and then just lets it grow without fooling with the day to day fluxuations.  I know some investors try to invest based on daily trading behavior, but I really don't know how you could read the minds of other people.  That seems like the sort of thing that could drive a person nuts.  Seems better to invest based on how you think the company will perform and try not to let the daily fluxuations trouble you too much. 

RolStoppable said:
Mordred11 said:
A simple irrelevant stock fluctuation produces a pointless thread.

Not the first time. The OP has bought some Nintendo shares and is in the process of coming to understand that speculation and rumor can have just as much, if not more, of an effect on share price than actual company performance.

Rol with his condescending charm.

Nintendo needs a new chip because of the piracy and power consumption. You won't see anything of the extra power. That's just a side effect of the new chip. The difference between a beautiful game like GTA V on a XBOX 360 (from 2005) and the most beautiful game on the Switch is hardly noticeable. And that's 14 years of difference.

Markets do get impacted by baseless rumor. Nothing new here.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

More of a leak than a rumor.