By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gaming on the PS4 is so ANNOYING!

BasilZero said:
GoOnKid said:

You delete games that you've finished?

Yes...why would I want to keep it installed when I could reinstall it again when and if needed

Also I could use that space for more games and updates 

So basically, people don't necessarily need all that much space, huh? I guess Nintendo was on the right path once again with 32gb storage space in the Switch.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
GoOnKid said:

So basically, people don't necessarily need all that much space, huh? I guess Nintendo was on the right path once again with 32gb storage space in the Switch.

What does this topic have to do with the Switch?

PS4 had a decent of storage space when it first came out. My PS4 I bought back in 2015 has a storage space of 500 gb

i don’t need anything more than that.

if you wanna blame anyone in regards to nintendo’s poor decision making with their hardware, blame Nintendo, not a fellow consumer.

I was just kidding, man, relax.

Dante9 said:
Your biggest problem is sharing a console with someone else. That's not a good way to be and that's also the main reason you're out of HDD space. Other than that, just play game Y while game X is installing, or do something completely different.
People usually have the whole 500GB or more to themselves and I only play one game at a time anyways. Maybe that's part of the problem, too. You have too many games going on simultaneously, and your attention is divided, so you just kind of tune out instead of following through with one story at a time and really getting into it. Instead of experiencing a journey from start to finish, you go in intermittently like "where was I again, what was this about again?".

I have 1Tb to myself and pretty much only play GTS. However I have a bandwidth cap. Deleting old games also deletes all the multi GB updates. If I wat to play them again it will take a long time to get all the updates again. Plus most my PSVR games are digital downloads, deleting them feels like throwing games away :/ I know I can re-download them, but bandwidth cap.

For example, I still have DriveClub on there. I have the disc yet that's so little of the game that it will take hours to download all the updates if I want to do a quick race again.

SvennoJ said:
Dante9 said:
Your biggest problem is sharing a console with someone else. That's not a good way to be and that's also the main reason you're out of HDD space. Other than that, just play game Y while game X is installing, or do something completely different.
People usually have the whole 500GB or more to themselves and I only play one game at a time anyways. Maybe that's part of the problem, too. You have too many games going on simultaneously, and your attention is divided, so you just kind of tune out instead of following through with one story at a time and really getting into it. Instead of experiencing a journey from start to finish, you go in intermittently like "where was I again, what was this about again?".

I have 1Tb to myself and pretty much only play GTS. However I have a bandwidth cap. Deleting old games also deletes all the multi GB updates. If I wat to play them again it will take a long time to get all the updates again. Plus most my PSVR games are digital downloads, deleting them feels like throwing games away :/ I know I can re-download them, but bandwidth cap.

For example, I still have DriveClub on there. I have the disc yet that's so little of the game that it will take hours to download all the updates if I want to do a quick race again.

Wouldn't be worth to you considering price of bandcap to just have another drive to store games you may not play but don't want to delet?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I agree. The installation hassle makes gaming on PS4 a pretty annoying hassle, and for me, it's much more hassle than gaming on PC (which is my main platform and was even before PS4, but this doesn't really turn the situation in consoles' favour).

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
SvennoJ said:

Wouldn't be worth to you considering price of bandcap to just have another drive to store games you may not play but don't want to delet?

True. It saves more money to stop buying games I won't play anyway :)

An extra drive would be worse for my bandwidth cap as sometimes I'm browsing through the installed games, check em all for updates to keep them up to date just in case I feel like playing one. Before I know it there's ton of shit downloading!

What baffels me most are uppdates (like day one patches) that are multiple 10s of GB. Like WTF, do you really need to update most of the assets to fix a bug? I mean a game engine, without assets isn’t even 10 GB.

And to go further in on day one patches of that size, it’s a clear indicator he entire game wasen’t even initially shipped.

Go to another platform, the Switch, with publishers not even shipping the entire game on the cart. If you need to download most of the game anyway why even bother with a cart.

SvennoJ said:
DonFerrari said:

True. It saves more money to stop buying games I won't play anyway :)

An extra drive would be worse for my bandwidth cap as sometimes I'm browsing through the installed games, check em all for updates to keep them up to date just in case I feel like playing one. Before I know it there's ton of shit downloading!

I can't disagree that you would save money by not buying.

If those games are on a HDD that isn't connected to your PS4 they wouldn't update =p

Spindel said:
What baffels me most are uppdates (like day one patches) that are multiple 10s of GB. Like WTF, do you really need to update most of the assets to fix a bug? I mean a game engine, without assets isn’t even 10 GB.

And to go further in on day one patches of that size, it’s a clear indicator he entire game wasen’t even initially shipped.

Go to another platform, the Switch, with publishers not even shipping the entire game on the cart. If you need to download most of the game anyway why even bother with a cart.

We have seem day one patches that had almost the size of the full game. That is lazyness to the max.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Yeeeees! In my experience, Xbox one is the worst - slowest, most frequent, and I have yet to find a way to skip to the game. Switch is the most instant, but still annoying at times, espcially with games like Fortnite that come from the gaming as a service ilk.
The solution that works for me (but not my five year old) is the system/game that needs updating simply does not get played for half an hour, or maybe even until my next gaming session...which usually means Switch or one of the old Nintendos get played instead.

Get a bigger HD. They are so cheap these days. I have everything installed and I setup updates to be automatic. Basically the PS4 has ways to avoid every issue you have you just don't have the proper setup.