By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Have you ever faced unemployment or long term unemployment before?

Dark_Lord_2008 said:
I may have been able to find work if I had the right support and guidance that may have helped me before the rot set in. On my own I just could not handle it and the negative mindset set it and I got stuck in a rut. It is hard to break habits, change attitude and mindset, without support. It is easier to blame others, shift blame and make excuses. I chose the path of least resistance and I accepted rejection from every job I applied for as normal.

It's all your own fault to be honest.
Only you have the power to pull your finger out and take some affirmative action. So get to it, everyone who has a career has worked hard for it, it wasn't handed out to them on a silver platter.

You need to honestly stop with the pity party and start working on your problems or nothing will change.

Life wasn't meant to be easy.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

Admittingly it is sometimes who you know and not what you know.

I do not give air to negative comments on here, I ignore comments that I do not agree with. Some people have it a lot easier than others like being born into a rich family, trust fund kid or winning the lottery. The countless starving farm workers and factory workers through out the world have proven hard work is not enough, you need luck to succeed in life. No one can make it on their own without lucky breaks in life: social network, family and friends setting up employment opportunities.. You are either born with luck or have no luck. I had no plan and no strategy and no ideas on what I wanted to do with my life and I just spammed emails to random job ads and no responses ever.

It sucks when you get rejected from every job and have no idea what you are doing wrong. That provides no feedback and stuck in the same situation of no job.. More emails sent = more chances of getting responses. It is just a numbers game, like the lottery. You either have a job or do not have job. Some people on here that have never faced unemployment or long term unemployment. That is lucky to have never experienced hardship in life

I've experienced homelessness, or very close to it (I lived in a car for 3 or 4 months). I also grew up in a poor family, having a single mother of three, with government housing assistance.

Yet I still managed to establish myself. This year is going to be our (my wife and I's) first 6 figure year (>$100,000 USD).

Don't say that no one can make it in life without a hand-out from others. You have the worst mentality on life, as you are giving yourself excuses and if I had to guess, you kind of enjoy the feeling of making everyone else think you are worthless, as it enables you to feel sorry for yourself.

Maybe you feel as though you are so far away from having financial success that you don't bother trying. You could realistically have a job and have your first paycheck in the bank in one month if you tried. Like... go right now and apply for some jobs. Maybe contact a recruiting company, and depending on the type of work you want to do, you can be put on a waiting list or you might find your job in a few days.

If you haven't found a job by now, you aren't trying. Maybe you are confusing "wanting a job" with "trying to get a job".

You can keep ignoring comments you don't agree with, but you won't learn anything if you aren't open-minded enough to understand that perhaps other people might know what they are talking about, especially in this regard.

Applied for thousands of jobs and no response and confirmed and reinforced my belief that I must be unemployable.
I did not get a job in: factory, retail, fast food, call centre, cleaning, etc. I only applied for the least physical jobs because I am too weak to do physically demanding jobs.
Getting rejected from jobs way beneath me made me feel so worthless.
Instead of applying for the jobs I do not want to do I decided to send applications for only jobs I wanted to do. Same results, no responses, it made no difference besides sending entries for jobs I want to do instead of those menial jobs I do not want to do.
I regard entries for a job like entries for a lottery or gambling. Numbers game and pure luck, sometimes your lucky numbers comes up.

Around the Network
Dark_Lord_2008 said:
Applied for thousands of jobs and no response and confirmed and reinforced my belief that I must be unemployable.
I did not get a job in: factory, retail, fast food, call centre, cleaning, etc. I only applied for the least physical jobs because I am too weak to do physically demanding jobs.
Instead of applying for the jobs I do not want to do I decided to send applications for only jobs I wanted to do. Same results, no responses, it made no difference besides sending entries for jobs I want to do instead of those menial jobs I do not want to do.
I regard entries for a job like entries for a lottery or gambling. Numbers game and pure luck, sometimes your lucky numbers comes up.

You applied for jobs using a cookie cutter cut and paste online and you got exactly what you expected.  You should be honest with yourself.  The effort you are putting forth for your situation isn't working.  To continue to do the same thing that doesn't work and expecting a different result will continue to result in failure.  Currently you are in a situation where you repeat the same pattern that you know by now doesn't work.

So for you to advance from your state, you must do things different.  First and foremost you have to change the way you think.  As I mentioned before, you will never succeed at anything if your outlook is to accept failure as if its a close relative.  The reason you believe getting a job is like gambling because that is the approach you are using.  There are a lot of good advice on this thread that goes outside of your comfort zone.  I suggest you try some of them.

Machiavellian said:
Dark_Lord_2008 said:

You applied for jobs using a cookie cutter cut and paste online and you got exactly what you expected.  You should be honest with yourself.  The effort you are putting forth for your situation isn't working.  To continue to do the same thing that doesn't work and expecting a different result will continue to result in failure.  Currently you are in a situation where you repeat the same pattern that you know by now doesn't work.

So for you to advance from your state, you must do things different.  First and foremost you have to change the way you think.  As I mentioned before, you will never succeed at anything if your outlook is to accept failure as if its a close relative.  The reason you believe getting a job is like gambling because that is the approach you are using.  There are a lot of good advice on this thread that goes outside of your comfort zone.  I suggest you try some of them.

To be able to go out his comfort zone it would be better he just stopped "looking for a job" in this way and tries to improve how he can control his stresslevels in social situations,if someone with shizophrenia or autism has that under control then it might become much less difficult.(stress will be there but he might be able to speak decently)

Dark_Lord_2008 said:
I do not give air to negative comments on here, I ignore comments that I do not agree with.

I'm not being negative. I am giving you constructive criticism... That kind of sentiment is partly why you are in your current situation!

Dark_Lord_2008 said:
Some people have it a lot easier than others like being born into a rich family, trust fund kid or winning the lottery.

That is the exception and not the norm.

Dark_Lord_2008 said:
The countless starving farm workers and factory workers through out the world have proven hard work is not enough, you need luck to succeed in life.

No you don't. You need a proper and strong work ethic, which you lack.

I was kicked out of home when I was 14~ and was literally homeless, only had the clothes on my back. - I refused to accept help from anyone, got a job, got farther education at TAFE, bought a house, then became a career firefighter.

I did that off my own back. I worked damn hard for it. - And I didn't accept help from anyone.

The issue people have is they enter "bludge" education at places like TAFE or University, like Information Technology in the hopes they might get a job in that field. - It's not going to happen, there is an abundance of workers in those fields, it's competitive, you aren't going to be valuable to an employer.

Dark_Lord_2008 said:
 No one can make it on their own without lucky breaks in life: social network, family and friends setting up employment opportunities.. You are either born with luck or have no luck. I had no plan and no strategy and no ideas on what I wanted to do with my life and I just spammed emails to random job ads and no responses ever.

You create your own luck. Your pity party is actually getting rather droll at this point... If you aren't going to accept constructive criticism and give yourself motivation to improve, then what the hell is the purpose of this thread?

Spamming emails to employers aren't going to get you anywhere. Period.

Dark_Lord_2008 said:
It sucks when you get rejected from every job and have no idea what you are doing wrong.

If you actually talked to employers you would know... Heck. I wouldn't employ you as your work ethic and attitude is blatantly (And I say this with respect) poor.

Dark_Lord_2008 said:
You either have a job or do not have job. Some people on here that have never faced unemployment or long term unemployment. That is lucky to have never experienced hardship in life

False. You need to work for your job. Be a little more proactive, more positive and take some affirmative action.

I have experienced hardship, been homeless, had no money.
I experience death almost daily, some days I am an emotional wreck after enduring a job, but you know what? I have this thing called motivation... And that is backed by a ton of focus.

You need to get off the pity-party train, everything you have described is due to your own personal failings, you are the only person holding yourself back... And if you aren't willing to change and improve, then maybe this thread has run it's course and isn't needed anymore? Just food for thought.

Immersiveunreality said:

To be able to go out his comfort zone it would be better he just stopped "looking for a job" in this way and tries to improve how he can control his stresslevels in social situations,if someone with shizophrenia or autism has that under control then it might become much less difficult.(stress will be there but he might be able to speak decently)

I cannot speak for Perth specifically... However here in South Australia there are various organizations that will employ people with disabilities and give them the appropriate help and support.
I.E. Bedford is one such organization here.

I would assume there are similar schemes in the other states.

In short, excuses aren't solutions.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Machiavellian said:
Dark_Lord_2008 said:

So even you got tired of not judging =]

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Pemalite said:
Dark_Lord_2008 said:
I do not give air to negative comments on here, I ignore comments that I do not agree with.

I'm not being negative. I am giving you constructive criticism... That kind of sentiment is partly why you are in your current situation!

Dark_Lord_2008 said:
Some people have it a lot easier than others like being born into a rich family, trust fund kid or winning the lottery.

That is the exception and not the norm.

Dark_Lord_2008 said:
The countless starving farm workers and factory workers through out the world have proven hard work is not enough, you need luck to succeed in life.

No you don't. You need a proper and strong work ethic, which you lack.

I was kicked out of home when I was 14~ and was literally homeless, only had the clothes on my back. - I refused to accept help from anyone, got a job, got farther education at TAFE, bought a house, then became a career firefighter.

I did that off my own back. I worked damn hard for it. - And I didn't accept help from anyone.

The issue people have is they enter "bludge" education at places like TAFE or University, like Information Technology in the hopes they might get a job in that field. - It's not going to happen, there is an abundance of workers in those fields, it's competitive, you aren't going to be valuable to an employer.

Dark_Lord_2008 said:
 No one can make it on their own without lucky breaks in life: social network, family and friends setting up employment opportunities.. You are either born with luck or have no luck. I had no plan and no strategy and no ideas on what I wanted to do with my life and I just spammed emails to random job ads and no responses ever.

You create your own luck. Your pity party is actually getting rather droll at this point... If you aren't going to accept constructive criticism and give yourself motivation to improve, then what the hell is the purpose of this thread?

Spamming emails to employers aren't going to get you anywhere. Period.

Dark_Lord_2008 said:
It sucks when you get rejected from every job and have no idea what you are doing wrong.

If you actually talked to employers you would know... Heck. I wouldn't employ you as your work ethic and attitude is blatantly (And I say this with respect) poor.

Dark_Lord_2008 said:
You either have a job or do not have job. Some people on here that have never faced unemployment or long term unemployment. That is lucky to have never experienced hardship in life

False. You need to work for your job. Be a little more proactive, more positive and take some affirmative action.

I have experienced hardship, been homeless, had no money.
I experience death almost daily, some days I am an emotional wreck after enduring a job, but you know what? I have this thing called motivation... And that is backed by a ton of focus.

You need to get off the pity-party train, everything you have described is due to your own personal failings, you are the only person holding yourself back... And if you aren't willing to change and improve, then maybe this thread has run it's course and isn't needed anymore? Just food for thought.

Immersiveunreality said:

I cannot speak for Perth specifically... However here in South Australia there are various organizations that will employ people with disabilities and give them the appropriate help and support.
I.E. Bedford is one such organization here.

I would assume there are similar schemes in the other states.

In short, excuses aren't solutions.

What you write is spot to. Similar things and experiences have been shared in his other thread months ago (the dating one and about how to find work etc)

Immersive is right though, he needs to start from scratch and work on himself first before finding work. Not sure if you noticed, but he posted a link to whirlpool complaining about the same things. That was 8 years ago.

His mindset has no changed in 8 years. Even here he has revealed a bit more (i.e., gave up 2 months after graduating, didn't bother to apply for grad program, doesn't have a resume or a good cover letter, spams generic emails asking for work).

As for the IT reference you made, man even if you get the job just because it is an office paying job it is still shit to begin with. There is no job out of TAFE or UNI where you get paid well. 

I did my work experience in IT and tell you what the guys who were on 6 figures needed to be certified Microsoft engineers and cisco network engineers. You shoudl see the extra courses and exams you need to take to get those official qualifications lol.

The ones that did not try and did the basic IT stuff (like format PCs, build them and make images and install them on site), probably get paid around the 50-60k mark.

You said it yourself you have to work hard to get the big bucks no one is given it. Once you prove yourself that is were the friends and networks help you get jobs, at a higher role. Entry roles no one really gives anyone a helping hand, unless they run the company and it is their own child.

@Dark_Lord_2008, you need to stop comparing 3rd world countries with Australia. My parents are factory workers and they make enough money to live off lol. When we migrated to Australia no one would hire anyone with poor English skills in the field they were qualified, so they did the best they could and got any work they could. Sometimes you gotta swallow your pride and take a job because having an overall better lifestyle in a better country is better then in a shithole country being called DR whoever as it is meaningless if they treat you like shit and poverty is everywhere.