By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
KLAMarine said:
Zoombael said:

I guess this is relevant.

EXCLUSIVE: Police bodycam footage shows moment-by-moment arrest of George Floyd for the first time

Very compelling footage. I hate that it's a recording of a recording, wish we had a more direct view...

Interesting that at 7:00 and after, he complains about not being able to breath. This after complaining about claustrophobia even though he was operating a vehicle seemingly just fine when he was stopped. I imagine the police at this point just took anything he had to say as bluff and so his cries of not being able to breathe fell on deaf ears.

He also expresses a great fear of being shot: a victim of over-coverage of police brutality perhaps? My co-worker expressed the same fear when he was stopped. He wasn't shot, thankfully, but it's important to remain calm when stopped by police and I don't imagine tales of police brutality help in that regard.

Don't make the same mistake as many others. George started to behave erratically when the police showed up, sitting in his SUV in the drivers seat. He is on drugs, the cops cuff him. From this point on he is restricted, he gets more agitated. They walk to the patrol car, the door opens and it's dark, barred windows and in handcuffs. There is a stark contrast to where it all starts. A panic attack caused by claustrophobia can lead to hyperventilation, which in turn can cause shortness of breath.

I had colleague once who refused to wear safety goggles. I remember him saying: "Can't wear them, i'm claustrophobic". Did he lie? I can't say. He also was a devoted motorcyclist. Drove his bike whenever he could. With helmet of course...

The video doesn't acquit Chauvin fully, however it doesn't show him as the raging white supremacist people make him out to be either.

Hunting Season is done...

Around the Network
sundin13 said:
jason1637 said:

He was speaking about political diversity, not cultural diversity. As such, is he wrong?

What Biden said seems strange to me nonetheless. And it wouldn't be Joe "You ain't black" Bidens first weird moment.

Hunting Season is done...

sundin13 said:
jason1637 said:

He was speaking about political diversity, not cultural diversity. As such, is he wrong?

Yes he is wrong. All black people dont have the same political views. 

jason1637 said:
sundin13 said:

Well that is a bizarre standard.

Like, no shit Sherlock.

But, pretty consistently, about 90% of the black vote goes to Democratic presidential candidates while for other minority groups, the split tends to be a lot more even (though still skewed to the left) with some fairly large swings in each election. There is more diversity when it comes to specific issues, but in general, I do believe that it is fair to say that there is less political diversity among Black Americans than other minority groups.

sundin13 said:
jason1637 said:

Well that is a bizarre standard.

Like, no shit Sherlock.

But, pretty consistently, about 90% of the black vote goes to Democratic presidential candidates while for other minority groups, the split tends to be a lot more even (though still skewed to the left) with some fairly large swings in each election. There is more diversity when it comes to specific issues, but in general, I do believe that it is fair to say that there is less political diversity among Black Americans than other minority groups.

Because a group votes for a certain party doesn't mean they aremt politically diverse. There are lot of conservative black folks that vote Dem because of the GOP poor standing with the black community. There are also a lot of black people that just dont vote or vote GOP but according to Bidem if you dont vote for him you're not black so he probably doesn't count them. 

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
KLAMarine said:

Very compelling footage. I hate that it's a recording of a recording, wish we had a more direct view...

Interesting that at 7:00 and after, he complains about not being able to breath. This after complaining about claustrophobia even though he was operating a vehicle seemingly just fine when he was stopped. I imagine the police at this point just took anything he had to say as bluff and so his cries of not being able to breathe fell on deaf ears.

He also expresses a great fear of being shot: a victim of over-coverage of police brutality perhaps? My co-worker expressed the same fear when he was stopped. He wasn't shot, thankfully, but it's important to remain calm when stopped by police and I don't imagine tales of police brutality help in that regard.

What's claustrophobia got to do with driving a car?

Cars aren't that small, have a lot of open space. Have windows/doors that you can easily see through and even open if you want. Being crammed into a car with 10 other people would cause issues with claustrophobia, but being in a car by yourself? That shouldn't be an issue.

I don't know but when being put in the back of a police car, George Floyd claimed claustrophobia.

Zoombael said:
KLAMarine said:

Don't make the same mistake as many others. George started to behave erratically when the police showed up, sitting in his SUV in the drivers seat. He is on drugs, the cops cuff him. From this point on he is restricted, he gets more agitated. They walk to the patrol car, the door opens and it's dark, barred windows and in handcuffs. There is a stark contrast to where it all starts. A panic attack caused by claustrophobia can lead to hyperventilation, which in turn can cause shortness of breath.

I had colleague once who refused to wear safety goggles. I remember him saying: "Can't wear them, i'm claustrophobic". Did he lie? I can't say. He also was a devoted motorcyclist. Drove his bike whenever he could. With helmet of course...

The video doesn't acquit Chauvin fully, however it doesn't show him as the raging white supremacist people make him out to be either.

"it doesn't show him as the raging white supremacist people make him out to be either"

>Why would anyone ever claim that?

zorg1000 said:
Man, people will do a ton of mental gymnastics to justify someone being murdered by the police.

Who's justifying what now?

Didn't George Floyd's autopsy report state he died from cardiac arrest? Apparently George Floyd had 4 times the lethal dose of fentanyl in him. Also, he was clearly saying I can't breathe before the cop put his knee on him. Seems like he overdose on drugs and that is what killed him. Not to say the knee didn't help kill him too.

Last edited by Snoopy - on 06 August 2020

Snoopy said:

Didn't George Floyd's autopsy report state he died from cardiac arrest? Apparently George Floyd had 4 times the lethal dose of fentanyl in him. Also, he was clearly saying I can't breathe before the cop put his knee on him. Seems like he overdose on drugs and that is what killed him. Not to say the knee didn't help kill him too.

"cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint and neck compression." The cop killed him

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/george-floyd-death-autopsies-homicide-axphyxiation-details/

Zoombael said:
KLAMarine said:

Did you really just try to justify killing a man because he was tweaking out? Arrest him, sure. I don't think that was ever up for debate. The issue here was never that *GASP!* police tried to arrest a black man for...whatever reason! It was that they killed him and laughed about it. It was that, in similar situations when dealing with white people, miraculously nobody gets killed and the perp is treated with respect. 

If you aren't angry, you haven't been paying attention.