By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
sethnintendo said:
iron_megalith said:

Still doesn't discredit my point. Dems wanted to sway more people into thinking Trump is a baddie. And their plan was to put another baddie into the table? Way to fucking go.

It's not like Joe isn't creepy at all. Nothing bad about him saying he likes kids jumping on his lap.

Boy you just love jumping to conclusions don't you.  It sounds like for some reason you have a very strong hatred towards the man almost Hillary Clinton style hate.

He is "creepy" Joe because he tended to place hands on back of women's shoulders or give them shoulder massages.  Most of the women when asked about the incidents played it off like it wasn't as big deal that some try to make.  Some of them were friends of him and it isn't unusual for close friends to do that sort of thing.  Heck a close co-worker of mine would come behind me sitting down and put her hands on my shoulder at work and I didn't mind not think of it as anything sexual. Yet you go from awkward shoulder touching to pedophilia.  Amazing.

Bush Sr. used to grab women's asses during photo ops and he even had a one liner joke that he used before doing so.  Bush Jr surprised the shit out of Merkel with a back massage at a conference.  I assume you have same outrage towards them as you do for Biden.

Let me just say I'm done talking to you because you are a waste of time.  Have fun with your Trump Jr dictator.  Luckily you can't vote in USA and have no say in the upcoming election.

Nah. I'm not blinded. I'm neutral to this whole thing. Both Republicans and Democrats have their share of flaws. But boy do Democrats love shooting themselves in the foot despite acting all holier than thou. My point was simple, Democrats should have picked a better candidate. To say that there were no better candidates other than Joe Biden is a lie. It's just the same bullshit lobbying in politics that runs in the background to push their personal agendas.

If Trump can be scrutinized for a dumb tweet that he made, what makes Joe any different? Oh right. Because Trump BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD.

Last edited by iron_megalith - on 13 June 2020

Around the Network
Snoopy said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZUgUNZaWHk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69obN625Fjs

Jumpin said:

Hey Trump supporters, is Murica great yet?

A great mess right now, I'd argue. But I guess that wasn't their intention...

iron_megalith said:
JRPGfan said:

Trumps mental health is questionable too.... didn't mean republicans didn't vote for him.

I'm not refuting that. Tump is definitely a dumbass. But he is far from what the Dems painted him to be. My point is if Dems want to be the better, they better start acting like one. Putting a senile man that far too often forgets things from his campaign speeches is not the way to go.

At least Trump is more consistent with his campaign and some of his lies. So those that voted for him get what they asked for.

Meh.  I really don't love Joe Biden but the characterization of him as senile is ridiculous.  He's not a great public speaker, and he wasn't even in his younger days, and he's worse when he's in situations like a debate. I'm sure in the many hours of public speaking you could put together a supercut of him fumbling around, but most of the time he's perfectly coherent.  Stumbling over your words sometimes in high pressure public speaking is not senility.  And I don't think he's any worse than Trump or Bush, both of whom had more than their share of gaffes.

Last edited by JWeinCom - on 13 June 2020

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Torillian said:

And again, here's the tough part with being intellectually honest when it comes to politics on the internet. Snoopy gets to put a simple link to some dipshits in a youtube video making an unsubstantiated claim and because I give a fuck I have to crawl down the rabbit hole and determine what the fuck Snoopy was trying to say in the first place, how he's wrong, and how to prove it. All that from a link that took Snoopy 20 seconds after he watched these two dipshits on youtube.

Sigh. 

Fully agree.

It's sometimes really aggravating to be looking up sources and the like for about half a day and explaining them in detail to show someone that their premise is wrong simply to get brushed aside by them. But as aggravating as it can be, I won't stop doing it, as I simply can't stand such wrongs and feel compelled to correct them.

Yeah, I gave up on trying to really put forth ridiculous amounts of time and effort into composing carefully worded and researched posts like 15 years ago. I learned a long time ago - like in my high school years - that no amount of facts, logic, rationality, or carefully worded/compassionate discourse will do a thing to change the mind of someone who has an agenda. It was never about being right, it was about being louder. It wasn't about having good points, it was about having passion. 

I sometimes write up 1000+ word posts arguing with someone because I have a compulsion to correct people when they're wrong, misrepresenting data, using logical fallacies, or preying upon the impressionable...but the more I do it the more futile it seems. I hate that so many people are swayed by such obviously false narratives and that's how we got Trump in office. I hate that simply yelling something loud enough or repeatedly enough caters to base instincts. I hate that we live in a world where it's so easy to manipulate people and the only way to get facts out there or combat this war of ignorance is to do so using the same tools the morons use. The same gross, repugnant tactics that certain people use to fear-monger and stir up shit are the only ways to get anything done. 

and then if Democrats resort to the same bullshit tactics, the republicans call them out on it and act like they're the victims. 

IT's like if a bully punches you a dozen times then cries when you punch back so you get in trouble. 

I hate politics...but they're super, duper important to discuss due to how influential they are on our lives. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
iron_megalith said:

I'm not refuting that. Tump is definitely a dumbass. But he is far from what the Dems painted him to be. My point is if Dems want to be the better, they better start acting like one. Putting a senile man that far too often forgets things from his campaign speeches is not the way to go.

At least Trump is more consistent with his campaign and some of his lies. So those that voted for him get what they asked for.

Meh.  I really don't love Joe Biden but the characterization of him as senile is ridiculous.  He's not a great public speaker, and he wasn't even in his younger days, and he's worse when he's in situations like a debate. I'm sure in the many hours of public speaking you could put together a supercut of him fumbling around, but most of the time he's perfectly coherent.  Stumbling over your words sometimes in high pressure public speaking is not senility.  And I don't think he's any worse than Trump or Bush, both of whom had more than their share of gaffes.

That's quite a stretch. Him being in the business for far too long and has not developed such key skills is mind boggling. So yes, I will stick with him being senile and unfit to lead. Just like how Bernie Sanders is when he had a heart attack. Ideally, people should push for bright candidates with fresh ideas. Not old senile relics that are knee deep in the graveyard that are trying so hard to fit in with the times.

iron_megalith said:
JWeinCom said:

That's quite a stretch. He has been in the business for far too long and he has not developed such key skills is mind boggling. So yes, I will stick with him being senile and unfit to lead. Just like how Bernie Sanders is when he had a heart attack. People should push for bright candidates with fresh ideas. Not old senile relics that are knee deep in the graveyard that are trying so hard to fit in.

Well, unless you can show you have expertise on senility, I'm going to regard your opinion with the amount of respect it warrants.

JWeinCom said:
iron_megalith said:

That's quite a stretch. He has been in the business for far too long and he has not developed such key skills is mind boggling. So yes, I will stick with him being senile and unfit to lead. Just like how Bernie Sanders is when he had a heart attack. People should push for bright candidates with fresh ideas. Not old senile relics that are knee deep in the graveyard that are trying so hard to fit in.

Well, unless you can show you have expertise on senility, I'm going to regard your opinion with the amount of respect it warrants.

Sure. You can play that game. You can keep playing a blind man. All that matters to me is that I know what an old person's nonsensical rambling is when I hear one. Taking great care of 2 senior citizens for 10 years gives you that perspective. :)

Bottom line is, it's funny that you are all dancing like fools thinking that Biden is the "better" choice in this.

iron_megalith said:
JWeinCom said:

Sure. You can play that game. You can keep playing a blind man. All that matters to me is that I know what an old person's nonsensical rambling is when I hear one. Taking great care of 2 senior citizens for 10 years gives you that perspective. :)

Seriously though, a sample size of two does not qualify you to diagnose mental disorders.  You're entitled to your opinion.  But that which is presented without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.  Good for you for taking good care of senior citizens though, and I mean that.

JWeinCom said:
iron_megalith said:

Seriously though, a sample size of two does not qualify you to diagnose mental disorders.  You're entitled to your opinion.  But that which is presented without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.  Good for you for taking good care of senior citizens though, and I mean that.

What makes you think that I only had interactions with 2 seniors in the span of 10 years? :)