By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Getting Roasted For “Our Blacks” Tweet

shikamaru317 said:

The outrage is kind of a non-issue, the name was picked by black developers at Xbox. 

It does kind of irk me that the supposedly all-inclusive left doesn't see the problem with highlighting a single group above all others though. Xbox has been doing it alot lately, specially honoring their female developers and now their black developers. You will never see them honor white males or Asian males in a similar fashion, mark my words. 

Yeah the people in the group chose to make an only black group and people act like like it is racism towards blacks that made it happen while it could be considered racist by those same type of people on the group itself if you switch colors.

This is a case of ideology being so strong that instead of people possessing it,they're being possessed by it and are unable to take a step back to see the full picture.

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:
Reading comprehension needs to be better taught at school.

Don't you mean taught gooder? God, this guy over here.

How sad that anyone would find that racist.

shikamaru317 said:

The outrage is kind of a non-issue, the name was picked by black developers at Xbox. 

It does kind of irk me that the supposedly all-inclusive left doesn't see the problem with highlighting a single group above all others though. Xbox has been doing it alot lately, specially honoring their female developers and now their black developers. You will never see them honor white males or Asian males in a similar fashion, mark my words. 

Or the fact that there is a group who's membership is based entirely on being the correct colour to get in. Flip the table and imagine this group was called whites at Xbox and didn't allow anything else in it... Racist groups are racist even if it's racism against white.

Sad that people can't or don't want to see that

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

DeusXmachina said:

It says our Blacks at Xbox community. Reading only the first two words means you lack reading comprehension.

Also Blacks at xbox are a group of black people that work for xbox and thats how they decided to call themselves so this is a non issue.

It's a garden-path sentence. A merely unfortunate occurence, yes, but one that should have been avoided in marketing communication.

That's not to say syntactic ambiguity has no place in advertising, but that's obviously not the case here.

Around the Network

Hahaha this is hilarious.

It's not that bad, it's funny though.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

I'm watching a show, clearly geared towards black people. On a predominantly black channel. It's practically all black all day. The content is black this and black that. One black woman did her best impression of what a white woman would sound like. Black people laughed. Why is it perfectly fine to express a black narrative amongst black people but something as innocent as that title is considered offensive?

Insert Coin. Press START. You Died. Continue?

Atleast it wasnt naggers at xbox, right?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Seems to me that it's always a lose lose situation with black people on U.S.

As far as I understand a group of black folks came up with the idea for this group and its name. If MS had denied the permition to do it then they would have been shredded to pieces by the media.

RolStoppable said:
shikamaru317 said:

Xbox is where it is because of the leadership of white males and Asian males. You don't honor the people who are to blame.

Yeah i agree, the source of the "problem" is that this kind of separation inside of the company was allowed in the first place.