By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony State Of Play - Iron Man VR, No Man’s Sky VR, Days Gone Update

This is a great idea as long as that means that their smaller games get more spotlight. It would be nice if they do it similar to the Nintendo Directs.

I could imagine that Sony wants to focus on the big blockbuster games and announcements with the E3, PGW & TGS and on the smaller games and announcements with State of Play.

Around the Network
twintail said:

KBG29 said:

Non of these delivered new information like a Nintendo Direct. They all just showed of previews like you would get from a Magazine or a Website, and most of the time it was news that had already been covered by other media outlets.

PlayStation Home did offer an enhanced version of major events like E3 and TGS letting us walk a recreated show floor. That was cool, unfortunately Sony pulled the plug on Home. Had they continued Home, it would be the perfect place to hold these announcements.

you arent wrong per se, but it was of a similar idea. Sure, Nintendo did it better and made it popular.

thats because it was two decades ago Broadband was no where, video streaming was a pipe dream.. so the concept was similar to nintendo direct, PSU and Qore was meant for people who couldnt attend E3. Isnt Nintendo Direct a substitute to E3. Different method and approach for two different era but the concept were similar to convey their announcement towards their intended audience

Sounds like fun. The less flute playing, the better.

xMetroid said:
0D0 said:

I mean I live broadcast with live presenters. Not a live broadcast of a pre-recorded video.

What does that change, a pre-recorded video just allows a faster pace and less awkward talking or malfunctions. 

It changes a lot. Radio is still more exciting than recorded podcasts.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

KBG29 said:
0D0 said:

I mean I live broadcast with live presenters. Not a live broadcast of a pre-recorded video.

I get the impression that when they say live, that is what they mean. If it was prerecorded I don't think they would be putting up the VOD edition shortly after, they would just upload the prerecorded video to begin with.

Many call Nintendo direct a live video, even though it's just a pre-recorded pre-edited video released in streaming.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Around the Network

Just a reminder- first episode is today at 2 PST / 5 EST

The stream isn't on sonys YouTube can someone link?

sounds fun tho I expect usual complaining after it about it being underwhelming because gamers love complaining

with no e3 conference this year and no psx last year i think we could hear some interesting things today

I think they gonna start late lol

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5