By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Microsoft plans to bring more ports to Switch this year, no plans for Xbox Live SDK on Switch just yet

Rare Replay. Bring Banjo Kazooie home!

Around the Network

The new Battletoads would be great.

Rare Replay! Battle Toads! Old Gears of War!

shikamaru317 said:

My money is on ReCore, Super Lucky's Tale, and Ori and the Blind Forest. Lucky and Ori should be able to run on Switch easily since neither is that graphically demanding. ReCore would need some downgrading, but nowhere near as much as any of their AAA games would need. Rare Replay might be a possibility, but would be too much work I'm sure, porting 30 games to Switch. Some individual Rare ports might happen though.

I would imagine that some last gen games would also be on the table.  Perhaps master chief collection or Gear of War 1,2,3 would be possibilities.  This would certainly help to create more fans of these respective franchises.

bowserthedog said:

able.  Perhaps master chief collection or Gear of War 1,2,3 would be possibilities.  This would certainly help to create more fans of these respective franchises.

These series (especially Halo) appearing outside of MS platforms (XB, Windows) would be a pretty big development.  A positive one, IMO.

Around the Network

A Rare Replay Switch édition including the games published by Nintendo back in the days would be awesome, but i’m pretty sure that’s not coming.

I guess Microsoft sees the Switch as a Handheld and not a home console than. To Microsoft, the Switch is not stealing any customers from them so they see this as easy money.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

killeryoshis said:
I guess Microsoft sees the Switch as a Handheld and not a home console than. To Microsoft, the Switch is not stealing any customers from them so they see this as easy money.

Microsoft is building up to a digital streaming service, kinda like google just announced.  They are trying to grow their audience before they pull the plug on the hardware side of things.  I’m sure they still view the switch as competition, but right now the two companies have two different visions for the future...

killeryoshis said:

Well PC is not "Handheld" and still most xbox exclusives are coming to it

I think Microsoft want to have a "gaming service" available everywhere being exclusive to just the xbox doesn't make the money they want at the end of the day, and for a company making money is important

So" Xbox/Game Pass" is basically becoming an app like Youtube or Netflix download it on anything and play Microsoft Games :)

Last edited by Thisguywhokills - on 20 March 2019

gergroy said:
killeryoshis said:

Microsoft is building up to a digital streaming service, kinda like google just announced.  They are trying to grow their audience before they pull the plug on the hardware side of things.  I’m sure they still view the switch as competition, but right now the two companies have two different visions for the future...

I don't think they'll ever pull the plug on the hardware side until it actually loses them money, and more money than would be justified by the strength it offers the brand. Keeping it around allows super brand loyal fans to keep buying those consoles. It's low risk profit and keeps those loyal fans close. If Nintendo did something like this, I'd keep buying their consoles, but I'd imagine they'd start to sell at sub-WiiU levels. The same thing will likely happen with Xbox, but the brand as a whole will actually be bigger and stronger.