By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Official 2020 US Election: Democratic Party Discussion

Forgot the debate was today but i'm seeing clips on Yang destroying warren on the wealth tax and UBI. Good stuff.

Around the Network

The fuck Tulsi? The fuck? That was very Tulsi.

She is repugnant. She is a Russian Assad shill. "Please don't be mean to Assad".

Abortion?
Stick a fork in her, she's done.

Who is her base? Who does she appeal to? Why is she trying to convince?

Last edited by Moren - on 15 October 2019

Not sure how I feel about the debate so far. The new guy has impressed me, but I am way overtired and haven't had time to digest. I can't say who's winning as most of them are doing quite well. My big issue is that, again, the time is far too short and often unfocused; BUT, things are still an improvement.

I think it's far clearer who's losing: it's Beto, who's come up with a lot of nonsensical answers and gets dominated in every exchange. He can't seem to make relevant points. I've also felt Buttigieg has been weak; he kept making weird accusations against people that really didn't say anything or go anywhere. Yang came off looking a little naive and silly in a few exchanges, like the one with Warren over the antitrust argument - but I think this is because he didn't have the time to explain himself and Warren outclasses him in working these sorts of debates.

Just as I'm writing this post, Biden had a bizarre exchange with Warren, Sanders, and the host over achievements and vagueness.

Other than that, I think most of the cast came off pretty well.

I'll probably have more thoughts later as the debate is still in progress.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/15/us/politics/aoc-endorses-bernie-sanders.html

Although I personally find this to be the ultimate anti-endorsement...
This is great. Since Bernie is never going to win, this is a missed opportunity for Warren, which is good news for Biden.

SpokenTruth said:
morenoingrato said:
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/15/us/politics/aoc-endorses-bernie-sanders.html

Although I personally find this to be the ultimate anti-endorsement...
This is great. Since Bernie is never going to win, this is a missed opportunity for Warren, which is good news for Biden.

Not sure how you draw this conclusion given that a large portion of their supporters overlap.  Sanders also gained endorsements from Reps. Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib tonight.

Yikes. Can't think of more shameful endorsements.

My logic is simple. Bernie is toast and he is never going to win. Although I consider Tlaib/AOC/Omar's endorsements extremely toxic in a general election, they may be helpful in a primary. Because the boost is not going to Warren, but rather to Sanders, this is a missed opportunity to get votes from one of the most engaged liberal bases. And thus the liberal votes are split. :)

The squad endorsed Bernie. That is wonderful and a great thing! Hell yes! Makes up for having to sit through that terrible debate, too much lying and not getting called out. Adopting positions which aren't their own but claiming they are. ASKING WARREN ABOUT BERNIE'S BILLS like she wrote them but whatever.

AOC is the most popular member of the house, her endorsement has weight. If you think that's a negative you haven't been paying attention. In fact the squad are the most popular and well liked members of the house. This is YUGE!

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

SpokenTruth said:
morenoingrato said:

Yikes. Can't think of more shameful endorsements.

My logic is simple. Bernie is toast and he is never going to win. Although I consider Tlaib/AOC/Omar's endorsements extremely toxic in a general election, they may be helpful in a primary. Because the boost is not going to Warren, but rather to Sanders, this is a missed opportunity to get votes from one of the most engaged liberal bases. And thus the liberal votes are split. :)

Did you miss the 2018 mid-terms?  Those are pretty powerful endorsements.  The only people that are bothered by these are people that never would have voted for Sanders to begin with.

Sure, them sucking is my personal opinion, but you completely missed my whole point, which is about vote splitting with the liberal frontrunner.

morenoingrato said:
She is repugnant. She is a Russian Assad shill. "Please don't be mean to Assad".

Yeah.. no she is not.

That is an asinine conspiracy theory with zero basis in reality. A liberal congresswoman who serves in the US National Guard is NOT a Russian shill. Please stop with this utter nonsense. I challenge you to find me even one tiny shred of evidence that "Tulsi is a Russian/Assad shill." But just like the constant people spouting the same spoon fed propaganda on twitter that I always see, I don't expect a rebuttal. Because it's bullshit. So she met with him? Oh no! Seeking diplomacy is such a horrible thing!

Not wanting to mingle in foreign affairs and be the world police doesn't make you a shill for Assad. The same way that not wanting to be involved with Iraq doesn't make you a shill for Saddam. God I miss the days when liberals were actually anti-war/intervention. It was only like a decade ago but it sure seems like longer..

Anyhoo - saw the whopping 7 minutes that Tulsi got to speak. Pretty great answers. No Kamala or Tim whats-his-face style burns but strong. And of course CNN cuts to a commercial break the minute she begins to challenge Warren a bit. Can't touch their prized candidate, god forbid!

I have to say though, based off what I heard of Yang's answers, sounds like he had the better performance tonight. He seems to provide real concrete solutions in his answers and not merely pandering/talking points. He cuts through the bullshit, which I love.

Last edited by DarthMetalliCube - on 16 October 2019

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden