By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft announces Xbox Live for any iOS or Android game (Also open for Switch and PS4)

Thanks, I don't need crap-ware on my PS4.

Around the Network

Xbox is pretty good I've heard, so if it comes to the switch. Ninty might use it to better their services

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

so can we have apps like candy crush behind the xbox live paywall? :o

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

If MS could just bring Rare Replay home to Switch, and the fuck right off, that'd be great!

The_Liquid_Laser said:
This is Microsoft unofficially abandoning Xbox hardware, even if they technically release a "next gen" console. You can already play every XB1 "exclusive" on the PC which is a disincentive to getting an XB1. Now there is really no incentive to get their hardware. Just pick the hardware you like the best instead.

What exactly is your point? Why buy anything if you can buy something else? The idea is coverage. They want to have there foot in the door on all aspects. The idea is to sell as much software and subscriptions as possible. Like this gen, you want to have the best 3rd party experience than people will buy an X due to its superior power, if you don't want a X for whatever reason that's okay because you can buy there games somewhere else. Any Xbox game sold goes into the Xbox division which supports the brand in total.

Console sales is just 1 drop in a giant ocean of customers. 

MS are smart. Consoles lose money for years after they launch. The less they make the less money they lose. So instead they will let others cut the losses as they sell there software on other platforms as well. Sure Xbox will still be around however its not the main focus, its an option. They might still sell 50m consoles and earn maybe 10 to 20m subs just for having Xbox as an option. 

Last edited by Azzanation - on 15 March 2019

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:
This is Microsoft unofficially abandoning Xbox hardware, even if they technically release a "next gen" console. You can already play every XB1 "exclusive" on the PC which is a disincentive to getting an XB1. Now there is really no incentive to get their hardware. Just pick the hardware you like the best instead.

What exactly is your point? Why buy anything if you can buy something else? The idea is coverage. They want to have there foot in the door on all aspects. The idea is to sell as much software and subscriptions as possible. Like this gen, you want to have the best 3rd party experience than people will buy an X due to its superior power, if you don't want a X for whatever reason that's okay because you can buy there games somewhere else. Any Xbox game sold goes into the Xbox division which supports the brand in total.

MS are smart. Consoles lose money for years after they launch. The less they make the less money they lose. So instead they will let others cut the losses as they sell there software on other platforms as well. Sure Xbox will still be around however its not the main focus, its an option. They might still sell 50m consoles and earn maybe 10 to 20m subs just for having Xbox as an option. 

You buy a PC actually, no idea why people defend Xbox, nothing to defend against.

Now, if they only had some interesting exclusives to offer, then this might work. But nah. I'm good. Unless their newly acquired studios manage to pull something interesting out of the hat in the future.

Random_Matt said:
Azzanation said:

You buy a PC actually, no idea why people defend Xbox, nothing to defend against.

And if you are a gamer who likes Xbox games but doesn't want to game on a PC?

There's nothing wrong with a company allowing options. Its like many in here want to bash and hate Xbox but at the same time want there games. They realize its all from the same company right?

I don't understand how pc gamers hate Microsoft/Xbox so much. Without them, Sony would have a complete monopoly and force their dumb architecture just to make it hard to port games to other platforms. Thus, making pc gamers miss out on a lot of games. Did you remember the ps2 era where games for pc was skipped, delayed or were terrible ports?

"Xbox live open for PS4"
No way that's happening.
This is in no way shape or form benefitial to sony and makes no sense to let their primary competetor's service into their ecosystem.
Since xbox failed so misarably this gen, they are so desperate to jump on to other platforms and try to cash in off their player base (ps4 and switch).

I just hope nintendo also does'nt allow xboxlive on the switch.
But i think eventually xboxlive will come to switch as their own online service is pretty bare bones.