By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - "Leaving Neverland": Do you think Michael Jackson is Innocent?

Thriller and Invincible or Bad and Dangerous

Good guy, wrongly accused 55 51.89%

Talented Bad guy 28 26.42%

A little of both. 23 21.70%

Total:106
d21lewis said:
Machiavellian said:

What kind of Mom, swear to a child that was molested by a grown ass man, not to reveal such a thing in a court of law.  That story in itself sounds off the charts crazy.  I cannot think of any parent caring if their child believes being molested by a grown ass man is OK.  Unless, MJ dropped some millions for them to keep quite that whole story doesn't hold up at all.

She said he bought them a house, too. After the 2003-2005 trial. Just like with the other documentary, "Abducted in Plain Sight", the alleged offender is dead. The parents are acting so innocent and naive (kinda like MJ) but they had to have some idea. They just gained from their child's suffering.

Again, let me reiterate that I'm a huge Michael Jackson fan. I don't think I will ever change--but I'm trying to stay open minded. A lot of people are like "Michael is Innocent and pure" while others are like "Michael is the devil". There truth is likely somewhere in the middle.

Most here (VGC) have been middle ground on the "I don't think he did, or I think he did". Most that said he didn't accepted that his conduct was strange and that he likely had several mental issues. To be fair I haven't seem a single claim of he being a saint but saw 1 or 2 that he is a demon.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
PortisheadBiscuit said:
DonFerrari said:
When will prosecutors sue the two for perjury? Because their claim now (real or not) contradicts what they testified under oath. Or have the allowed timewindow for the accusation ended?

I was wondering the same, but apparently sex abuse victims can recant their stories later without risking a perjury charge. 

They were testimony of their own sexual abuse? From what is being said here they were making testimony of MJ being a good person.

And I doubt it is a coincidering on the estatute.

Anyway I don't think I would allow my two child to sleep on the bed of someone I don't deeply know and trust. Even less someone that had been on trial for it. And even less a famous person as they usually are damaged good.

I know people hate "victim blaming" and if they as kid suffered abuse by MJ more than MJ I would blame and seek reparation from their parents for allowing it. As the 1B certainly isn't reparation as crime but a try to enrich.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
d21lewis said:

She said he bought them a house, too. After the 2003-2005 trial. Just like with the other documentary, "Abducted in Plain Sight", the alleged offender is dead. The parents are acting so innocent and naive (kinda like MJ) but they had to have some idea. They just gained from their child's suffering.

Again, let me reiterate that I'm a huge Michael Jackson fan. I don't think I will ever change--but I'm trying to stay open minded. A lot of people are like "Michael is Innocent and pure" while others are like "Michael is the devil". There truth is likely somewhere in the middle.

Most here (VGC) have been middle ground on the "I don't think he did, or I think he did". Most that said he didn't accepted that his conduct was strange and that he likely had several mental issues. To be fair I haven't seem a single claim of he being a saint but saw 1 or 2 that he is a demon.

I'm having this same discussion on like three different social media platforms. You're right, though. VGC is probably the most level headed. Meanwhile the Facebook group that I'm in is going crazy! Mostly, I just check in on the comments here, leave and come back a few hours later. I'm not as active here.

Twitter: @d21lewis

Paris,Prince,Blanket.
I feel sorry for his children having to go through this time and time again,it gets no rest,no end.

d21lewis said:
DonFerrari said:

I'm having this same discussion on like three different social media platforms. You're right, though. VGC is probably the most level headed. Meanwhile the Facebook group that I'm in is going crazy! Mostly, I just check in on the comments here, leave and come back a few hours later. I'm not as active here.

That is why I preffer VGC over other forums.

Around the Network

A weird thing I read is an attorney is sueing the accusers for the emotional hurt caused to fans. I mean, wtf? Ok, I could understand this if it was proven that they were making it up (which no one has done), but even then it would have to be the person they accused that sued (or in this case the MJ estate as the guy is dead).

Apparently he has form, suing the doctor who gave him the lethal dose of painkillers for the same reason, winning 1 euro.

That doco is full of shit. Watch some of the older ones. Even the FBI investigated him for years and found nothing..

Michael Jackson was weird granted. There is a good reason for it. His dad would woop their asses when they were the Jackson Five. They practice for hours and Michael being the main signer and the youngest never got to experience a childhood like a normal child did.

Neverland was his way of creating a world that he missed out on as a child. He wanted to see other kids happy and enjoy the things he never got to when he was young. Sure it is weird to see an adult hanging with kids, but if you missed a childhood and been abused by your father clearly that would have some sort of mental impact. Hell he was obsessed with Peter Pan (i.e. the boy that never grew up).

I think looking at the evidence, he almost HAS to be guilty to a degree. Now, are some people lying or exaggurating for 15 mins of fame and/or wealth? Who's to say. We can never know for certain. But what we DO know is that Jackson was one extremely strange fellow (not saying I necessarily blame him for being weird, given the insane conditions he grew up in, with the abuse and crazy whirlwind of stress brought by the fame surrounding him, you're almost inevitably going to come out at least a bit messed up in the head). We DO know he's spent lots of time alone sleeping not only in the same room with children alone, but the same BED. We DO know he's had kids dance suggestively on stage at his shows, and there is footage of him holding hands with kids, and professing his "love" for some.. 

Put it this way, if he's in any was innocent of child molestation, he certainly didn't do himself any favors with all the red flags anywhere. 

Bascially, if it looks like a duck, quacks and swims like a duck.... you get the idea. 

Now, that's not to say we should totally just piss on his legacy from an artistic standpoint. I do believe in separating the art from the artist to a certain degree. 

TV Shows Currently Watching:

You can follow me as I rant about sports and Overwatch, as well as post random metal videos, @StephenML8 on Twitter.

SecondWar said:
A weird thing I read is an attorney is sueing the accusers for the emotional hurt caused to fans. I mean, wtf? Ok, I could understand this if it was proven that they were making it up (which no one has done), but even then it would have to be the person they accused that sued (or in this case the MJ estate as the guy is dead).

Apparently he has form, suing the doctor who gave him the lethal dose of painkillers for the same reason, winning 1 euro.

Their testimony on court over 10 years ago would be the proof they where lying at one of the times (now or back them). And either way even if they can't be jailed for perjury, a defense attorney (or prosecutor depending on what type of case may come out of it) can very much destroy their credibility for falsifying testimony. Even if they claim they were paid or anything like that in the past they will be even less thrustworthy. The sole way out for them I can see besides jury just buying up their story for the feelings would be they proving they were threatned.

DarthMetalliCube said:

I think looking at the evidence, he almost HAS to be guilty to a degree. Now, are some people lying or exaggurating for 15 mins of fame and/or wealth? Who's to say. We can never know for certain. But what we DO know is that Jackson was one extremely strange fellow (not saying I necessarily blame him for being weird, given the insane conditions he grew up in, with the abuse and crazy whirlwind of stress brought by the fame surrounding him, you're almost inevitably going to come out at least a bit messed up in the head). We DO know he's spent lots of time alone sleeping not only in the same room with children alone, but the same BED. We DO know he's had kids dance suggestively on stage at his shows, and there is footage of him holding hands with kids, and professing his "love" for some.. 

Put it this way, if he's in any was innocent of child molestation, he certainly didn't do himself any favors with all the red flags anywhere. 

Bascially, if it looks like a duck, quacks and swims like a duck.... you get the idea. 

Now, that's not to say we should totally just piss on his legacy from an artistic standpoint. I do believe in separating the art from the artist to a certain degree. 

He was mentally stuck in his childhood,its not that he was unwilling to grow up.

But yes this made himself a big walking red flag even when he did not neccessarily had bad intentions,i guess we will never know the full truth of it but my thoughts go out to the people involved and hope they can put this behind them.