By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yo-kai Watch 4 launches June 6 in Japan

Tagged games:

wonder how it will sell, on the switch it could reach good numbers

Around the Network
ZODIARKrebirth said:

It should do well, but the Yokai Watch popularity seems to have diminished. However with that said, this should be the most popular western release of the game. 

Level 5 looks to be going back to their old PS2 era style with this game. Finally the era of 3DS touch controls, and auto-attacking is over!

Darwinianevolution said:
I'm honestly impressed on how good Youkai 4 looks. Really, they've shown more dedication to the presentation of their game than Game Freak did with Sw/Sh, and with a tenth of the resources.

Wait, what? Level-5 is a larger studio than Game Freak, and they've released many more home console games.

It seems they've taken some cues from Ni no Kuni 1's combat system for this game.

Last edited by Keybladewielder - on 14 March 2019

Around the Network
StarDoor said:
Darwinianevolution said:
I'm honestly impressed on how good Youkai 4 looks. Really, they've shown more dedication to the presentation of their game than Game Freak did with Sw/Sh, and with a tenth of the resources.

Wait, what? Level-5 is a larger studio than Game Freak, and they've released many more home console games.

The entirety of Level 5 does not have the resources in terms of money and prestige Pokemon has. If the Pokemon Co. and Nintendo wanted, they could add GTA V level funding and human talent, but they are too conservative in their effords. Law of minimal efford.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I'm honestly more excited for this than Pokémon

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Acevil said:
ZODIARKrebirth said:

It should do well, but the Yokai Watch popularity seems to have diminished. However with that said, this should be the most popular western release of the game. 

yeah, popularity of yokai watch slowed down, but maybe the switch could help

Eagle367 said:

They did change the gameplay to something the west will probably be more interested. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
Eagle367 said:

They did change the gameplay to something the west will probably be more interested. 

I'm not west though hahaha. I'm a little bit west of Japan I guess, but still in Asia. Pakistan to be more precise. 

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also