By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom Says They Might Consider Porting Devil May Cry 5 to Switch if Dragon's Dogma Sells Well

Tagged games:

Resident Evil Revelations 1 & 2 sold well on the Switch and what do we get? Ports of even older RE games for a HIGHER price.

No thanks Capcom.

Around the Network
twintail said:
cycycychris said:

"When asked why Devil May Cry 5 isn’t on Switch, Itsuno explained that development started before the team had dev kits. Capcom therefore concentrated on releasing the game for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. However, Itsuno added that if Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen sells well, they might consider porting Devil May Cry 5 to Nintendo’s console."

https://nintendoeverything.com/devil-may-cry-5-director-says-the-game-might-be-considered-for-switch-if-dragons-dogma-sells-well/

Not this shit again. I thought we were past the whole 'test' period with Capcom. But apparently every game is another test.

theres no test here. they just want to make their money back on the DD port

So a multiplat release of a 2019 game is being held ransom behind sales of a port of a 2012 game (7 years ago).  Sounds legit. 

The gamer side in me feels the pain, but the business side can try and understand Capcom's reasons.

V-r0cK said:
The gamer side in me feels the pain, but the business side can try and understand Capcom's reasons.

I cant because what other business does this?

Disney: Want to see Avengers: Endgame in theaters? Well we might release it if you buy the 4K Blu-Ray of Mary Poppins Returns.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

This doesn't effect me. I want Dragon's Dogma but I don't want DMC.

Capcom be tripping, yo.

Around the Network

Nope, sorry. I'm not biting. Capcom doesn't dangle the carrot in the faces of Sony and Microsoft fans, so I'm not exactly sure why they do it with Nintendo fans. Games like Octopath Traveller---which has sold 1.5 million copies---prove that there is an audience for third party content, as long as it isn't half-assed or too compromised. Diablo III will clear a million, and will likely have decent legs; Skyrim has cleared a million; LA Noire on Switch outsold the Xbox One edition. Either release the games or don't! Don't hold them hostage to sell your polished ports of old games. That's a sh*tty practice.

RolStoppable said:
Cobretti2 said:
No point being upset about this because in the end if it does come whether it is day 1 or day 1000, they will put 10% of the game on a cart and expect you to download 90%

Capcom might consider to put 60% of the game on the card if the Resident Evil Collection sells well.

If i buy two copies will they then give me enough capacity of 120% for future games

100% for the game and 20% extra for updates?

DonFerrari said:
Every game is a test, if sales aren't good they have to change the strategy. Be it not putting that type of game on the system, or improving said game, etc. Just that most companies aren't open on it.

Dragon's Dogma sold .04m copies on Xbox One, and Capcom still released Devil May Cry 5 on Xbox One.  So, this confirms that Dragon's Dogma only has to sell .04m copies on Switch to be considered a success, correct?

If you want this hack`n slash game be sure to buy this RPG...

lol Capcom

The Capcom rage seems a bit over reactionary with this. It's a question reply from the game director to a magazine I've never heard of, not some kind of official Capcom statement. Sounds like he's just trying to get people to buy the game. Probably means nothing.