By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA is not doing a press conference at EA Play this year, games will be shown on live streams instead

shikamaru317 said:
Random_Matt said:
Right call, E3 is irrelevant now.

E3 had record breaking views on Twitch last year and had the largest attendance since 2005. But yeah, it's irrelevant now just because Sony backed out, lol. Trust me dude, Sony only backed out because their conference last year was poorly received and because almost all of their unannounced in development games are for PS5, which they don't want to announce yet. They will be back in 2020, mark my words. 

I agree though that it was smart for EA not to do a conference this year though, EA's conference last year was a total clusterf*ck, and they have even less games to announce this year. 

This was my first thought, and I still agree with it,  but I'd argue it goes beyond even that. They're aware that every-time an EA spokesperson gets a mic, they destroy themselves and fail to accomplish anything of substance. EA's PR is a bad joke. Command & Conquer, BFV, Battlefront 2, etc.

Apex Legends was sort of an anomaly because not only can I not think of a single upcoming EA title I'm genuinely interested in purchasing, but Apex took off in part because how little it's association with EA was advertised.

And that's the state of the company. Customers see the logo and they (rightly imo) assume the worst. Respawn's no fanfare release of a free to play game was the only way for anything new to trail-blaze.

Around the Network

Good. Out with the bad, in with the good. Hopefully another company can fullfull there spot.
EAs conference always feels like a share holder meeting anyway.

twintail said:
Azzanation said:
Good. Out with the bad, in with the good. Hopefully another company can fullfull there spot.
EAs conference always feels like a share holder meeting anyway.

who is going to randomly do an e3 conference just because EA decides not to do one?

Whether EA does one or not will have little effect on another company deciding to do one or not. 

If anything, EA pulling out (after Sony) will most likely make other companies think twice about doing a conference

Who knows, maybe now that gap where EA uses to showcase there games might appeal to another developer where they see it as good prime time rather than being at a time of day where there isnt as much coverage etc.

Anyway its EA, its no loss in my book.

Still care mildly for Bioware,but EA does not hold value for me.