By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - WARNING STALKER ON THIS SITE

WiiGirl76 said:

That's why I don't put down any personal pictures and info about myself down on websites as this has happened to me once. Someone called to me why I don't put down pictures of myself around here. I like to stay unknown as much as possible, not because I like it, but to pretect myself and the people I know. It's a strange world we're living in... that is.. it's a world with strange people we're living in ;) Don't delete your account, aks the help of the mods, don't answer those mails, but just ignore that stuff and try not to open yourself too much, in the sake of yourself and your family, that's my advice. I get all kinds of spam and hackers in my mailbox who try to get on to me, but luckily there's a nice delete button on top of the mailbox. Without opening them it's... so long!

Good luck to you

thansk for the input, i am not gonna delete my account, i love this site, I can ask a question about a game and you guys will give me a serious answer if it is a must buy or not, Plus WiiGirl,76 you helped me out with the question on paper mario so thanks for the support people!

Around the Network
WiiGirl76 said:
omgwtfbbq said:
WiiGirl76 said:

That's why I don't put down any personal pictures and info about myself down on websites as this has happened to me once. Someone called to me why I don't put down pictures of myself around here. I like to stay unknown as much as possible, not because I like it, but to pretect myself and the people I know. It's a strange world we're living in... that is.. it's a world with strange people we're living in ;) Don't delete your account, aks the help of the mods, don't answer those mails, but just ignore that stuff and try not to open yourself too much, in the sake of yourself and your family, that's my advice. I get all kinds of spam and hackers in my mailbox who try to get on to me, but luckily there's a nice delete button on top of the mailbox. Without opening them it's... so long!

Good luck to you

you would be amazed at how much personally identifiable information might be released around at different places without you noticing that can be used to track you down. Don't forget that when AOL accidentally released 100,000 search queries with "no personally identifiable information" in them, it was possible to track down and find (as in, go to the houses of) some of the people in the list.

be careful what you put on the internet, even if it seems innocent you can put together a lot of seemingly innocent pieces of information and use each one to get closer and closer to identifying someone

EDIT: welcome back, by the way,thought you had left us (there seems to be a pretty large turnaround here, or maybe everyone just keeps changing their avatars and I don't pay much attention)

Yep absolutely, there are websites claiming not to share your personal information with others, but some do and if you ask me... that's just as much as illegal as people using the information.

Welcome back? I haven't been gone I visit this website daily but don't always feel like to post in some threads. To be honest I don't feel like reading the same discussion over and over again The so called flaming-at-other-consoles threads I'm personally totally fed up with. Glad to see I was missed then

Edit: @Legend11, how scary, that must have been terrible! Luckily it didn't happen with me that way, but I landed on websites with my face of which you would totally embarass when your family would see that. I found out about that, when I received the most weirdest E-mails. Despite I didn't experience the same nightmare as you I'm very cautious in real life and even more on the Internet.

actually interestingly enough I'm doing a research paper on this very topic right now (well, actually, I SHOULD be doing a research paper on this topic right now but instead I'm procrastinating by reading this forum rather than doing my work)

you'll find that in many countries a privacy policy is legally binding, but in many countries it isn't. When you submit your information over the Internet not only should you ensure that you have thoroughly read the privacy policy but you should look at what country the server is in and what type of protection they provide. You should also double check the information you give as a lot of seemingly innocent data can be put together to track you very effectively.

There are quite a few technical solutions to this however none of them are really that widespread, unfortunately. Hopefully we see improvements on privacy management but unfortunately it seems there isn't much money involved in the process =(

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

No-one messes with my pal!

Actually, dpmnymkrprez, I did find you only through this site and only because I was truly helping a (High-Level) Mentally Challenged Adult do some internet training. He is a member of this site. He is deeply into video games and enjoys the discussion forum. I had noticed your user ID when you had posted a reply to a thread. I am sorry that you feel that you had to slam me by making false acquisations about me. Have a nice life, ladies and gentlemen. This "stalker" is not going to "harrass" any of you again. Good-bye.

Bro who is drmkblag?

mM
Around the Network

Who is this "stalker" cuz i did'nt know ugly people got them , seriously, plus this is a game site not a social orginazation , and how can someone "stalk" u on the internet are u retarded? heres some advise: if u have a problem get off the site dont be a drama queen. in other words GET OVER IT! 

Just a reminder, If you make your very first post a collection of personal insults, you effectively demonstrate that the boards will be better off without you.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Ahhhh swift divine punishment... GOOD JOB stof!!! ^^
anyway, Brea just out of pure curiosity why would a High Level Mentally challenged adult need internet training?. that strikes me as something quite odd..
and how can you notice a name like "dpmnymkrprez" just because he replied to a thread his name doesnt really stand out that much?. and if you needed help shouldnt you be asking the mods for guidance?.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

So the stalker was this Brea member? I'm curious, what kind of personal info she had on you? Was it just your real name of she had other personal info on you too? And really, are internet forums the best place for a mentally challenged person? This is a highly controvercial subject.

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

randomletters333 said:
Who is this "stalker" cuz i did'nt know ugly people got them , seriously, plus this is a game site not a social orginazation , and how can someone "stalk" u on the internet are u retarded? heres some advise: if u have a problem get off the site dont be a drama queen. in other words GET OVER IT! 

WOW your name is randomletters so yeah I can see why you would post something that dumb and stupid can you see that this situation is serious....people these says....and like stof said...why use your first post as a way of insulting someone...thats weird and immature...O_O