By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - WARNING STALKER ON THIS SITE

Anyone that has an acocunt on here, buyer beware!

my alias dpmnymkrprez.................someone wrote me by saying they were looking up videogame information for their friend. And happened to come across me and know my name , other personal ifnormtaion?

I have recently recieved an email on something simialar as well. I typed dpmnymkrprez on google search and low and behold, there is some pertinent info on me, i have deleted all in for on my profile and trying to remove my pics as well.  It is a shame that situations like this ruin it for the rest of us, especially when i have so many posts. I was actually getting ready to post my answer for the psychological question I posted.

HOW DO I CHANGE MY USER NAME ANYONE???? or do i have to delete it???id hate to lose all the friends i have made here and enjoy the talks.

It is eye opening when someone sends pertinent info about you, and not even telling you who they are!!!!

This individual didnt even say by the way this is so and so.instead just knew things about me.stalker??? you be the judge

Around the Network

I got a personal email, don't know how, and they sent an email on this site asking if the name they gave me was my anme and my old address etc.

It could be a bot - I imagine it would be pretty easy for a bot to roam the web, grabbing information from profiles and more. I personally don't put ANY of that sort of information on the web (i.e. empty profiles, etc..) - although it doesn't really bother me.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

yeah, I usually go by another name on other forums and stuff, but the name was so unique that if you google it, a whole bunch of stuff comes up from old posts/profiles and whatever. Some of it is from years ago, and i don't think it will ever go away. Anyways, "That Guy" is generic enough that it won't get picked up by google

Around the Network

yeah but this is the only forum i am on......can't believe this is happening when we should be discussing games! Sorry guys!

dpmnymkrprez said:
yeah but this is the only forum i am on......can't believe this is happening when we should be discussing games! Sorry guys!
 That's some extremely bad luck you've got there, buddy. I'm currently registered on probably 30+ forums and many more websites and nothing like this has ever happened to me. But then again, I don't give out my full name out anywhere, I usually put "Moo Cow" as my name. Hehe 

Legend11 said:
I would just be worried about identity theft. If the person has your current home address and has built up enough information on you they could social engineer their way with government agencies to get your social security number, etc. I would provide the person emailing you with completely incorrect information about yourself. I guess if you don't reply chances are they'll back off as well. Does the email header have an ip#? If it does maybe you should get in touch with ioi and see if maybe he can match it up with a user on here.

I'm with you on this. Check the return address. Send it to me or legend, and one of us could reply and say what we think... I wouldnt reply in a timely fassion unless you do it tonight, however I'd just like to know where it came from... :d

EDIT: send a message to ioi, and tell him about this, he would change your name for you I think. 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

I wouldn't worry about it that much. As long as that person doesn't get a hold of any of your financial information, nothing bad could really happen.