By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Devil May Cry 5 devs very interested in having the series appear on Switch

V-r0cK said:
TruckOSaurus said:

I'd be down for that. Devil May Cry 1 & 3 are among my favorite games ever.

They were amazing games, I'd buy them all again if it did come to Switch.  Never played DMC from last gen though, have you?

I played (and loved) DmC: Devil May Cry. I own DMC4 on Steam but never got around to it somehow.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
V-r0cK said:

They were amazing games, I'd buy them all again if it did come to Switch.  Never played DMC from last gen though, have you?

I played (and loved) DmC: Devil May Cry. I own DMC4 on Steam but never got around to it somehow.

Seeing as you love the trilogy and DmC then I should definitely give that a try.

routsounmanman said:
By the time Crapcom decides to get onboard the Switch and not botch every release, it will already be too late. For them.

In what world? The world where every project they've released since after MvC has been successful? 

...lol

Last edited by AngryLittleAlchemist - on 27 February 2019

I’ve honestly never played this franchise before. Not as though I wasn’t interested, only that those pesky RPGs I love always get in the way!

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

V-r0cK said:
Rafie said:

Devil May Cry 4 could release on Switch as well. It can handle the game. I'm just not sure about 5 though.

Oh I'm sure Switch can handle Devil May Cry 4 (and even DMC) but that'd just be a lot more work for Capcom.  I feel like they'll just start with the original trilogy (as it's been ported a few times already) because it'd probably be easiest for them and see how that goes before even considering last gen's Devil May Cry games. 

Then one would be on the card, one a download and the third via the cloud. Maybe we could get the fourth by running a marathon and licking our own elbows...

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
I’ve honestly never played this franchise before. Not as though I wasn’t interested, only that those pesky RPGs I love always get in the way!

I've played 1 and some of 3 and they're very good. I've also finished 2 but that game is utter shit. I hope they at least port 1-4, and at 60fps. 

I honestly think Devil May Cry 5 would be suuuuchhhh a shit game to port to Switch. It's meant to be played at 60fps, and I just don't see it doing that. Not even Bayonetta 2 is consistently 60fps on Switch, and that game is a Wii U port. However I can't deny that more options is better and that it would be neat to see Capcom give better support. 

I hope for the sake of this site that we see a new Pheonix Wright, Monster Hunter (preferably a brand new exclusive), and Okami for Switch. 

a system that's selling a million units a month? Of course they want to put their games onto it.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

KLXVER said:
V-r0cK said:

Oh I'm sure Switch can handle Devil May Cry 4 (and even DMC) but that'd just be a lot more work for Capcom.  I feel like they'll just start with the original trilogy (as it's been ported a few times already) because it'd probably be easiest for them and see how that goes before even considering last gen's Devil May Cry games. 

Then one would be on the card, one a download and the third via the cloud. Maybe we could get the fourth by running a marathon and licking our own elbows...

loll that's so true! xD

Sadly Capcom isn't the only one that's been doing the method of 1 game on card 1 game on digital.... Unfortunately Bayonetta and FFX collection too :(

V-r0cK said:

loll that's so true! xD

Sadly Capcom isn't the only one that's been doing the method of 1 game on card 1 game on digital.... Unfortunately Bayonetta and FFX collection too :(

I think it's hilarious that Nintendo has done the same thing yet third parties are considered crap for doing it. 

Kinda like how Nintendo had entire months where ports were the only new releases but then people get mad at third parties for only porting old games.

I get Nintendo is Nintendo and they support their console well for the most part (because they have to ... their obligated) but c'mon ... it's so ironic  

loved the games but have no desire to replay them..now Onimusha 2 and 3 I'd welcome with open arms