By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Devil May Cry 5 devs very interested in having the series appear on Switch

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
V-r0cK said:

loll that's so true! xD

Sadly Capcom isn't the only one that's been doing the method of 1 game on card 1 game on digital.... Unfortunately Bayonetta and FFX collection too :(

I think it's hilarious that Nintendo has done the same thing yet third parties are considered crap for doing it. 

Kinda like how Nintendo had entire months where ports were the only new releases but then people get mad at third parties for only porting old games.

I get Nintendo is Nintendo and they support their console well for the most part (because they have to ... their obligated) but c'mon ... it's so ironic  

I completely understand.  For some reason it's like taboo to say anything against Nintendo on the internet.

Around the Network

Then just put it on Switch.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

V-r0cK said:

loll that's so true! xD

Sadly Capcom isn't the only one that's been doing the method of 1 game on card 1 game on digital.... Unfortunately Bayonetta and FFX collection too :(

I think it's hilarious that Nintendo has done the same thing yet third parties are considered crap for doing it. 

Kinda like how Nintendo had entire months where ports were the only new releases but then people get mad at third parties for only porting old games.

I get Nintendo is Nintendo and they support their console well for the most part (because they have to ... their obligated) but c'mon ... it's so ironic  

How about DLC and patches that was mocked all around and that Nintendo only released finished games and didn't milk their userbase with these practices?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

routsounmanman said:
By the time Crapcom decides to get onboard the Switch and not botch every release, it will already be too late. For them.

In what world? The world where every project they've released since after MvC has been successful? 

...lol

It might just be my wording; what I mean is that it will be too late for them, on the platform. Many Switch users are quite angry at them for their shitty practices on each and every on of their released games on it. Just take a look at the outrage from the pricing of RE0 + RE1 on reddit.

Elsewhere they're almost at their strongest. But I wouldn't get too comfortable. Putting all your eggs in one basket and completely alienating fans known for buying and loving your games, is simply a terrible practise long term.

Last edited by routsounmanman - on 27 February 2019

routsounmanman said:

It might just be my wording; what I mean is that it will be too late for them, on the platform. Many Switch users are quite angry at them for their shitty practices on each and every on of their released games on it. Just take a look at the outrage from the pricing of RE0 + RE1 on reddit.

Elsewhere they're almost at their strongest. But I wouldn't get too comfortable. Putting all your eggs in one basket and completely alienating fans known for buying and loving your games, is simply a terrible practise long term.

Ok. 

Last edited by AngryLittleAlchemist - on 28 February 2019

Around the Network

I'm 99 percent sure every switch port Nintendo released had a bunch of complaints about the pricing and being Wii u ports. I don't know how someone could say people are giving Nintendo a pass on that. Also, refresh my memory which game was it Nintendo sold that included the download code instead of a cartridge I'm thinking it was Bayonetta 1 and 2. I'm not sure as I bought it digitally

Baddman said:
I'm 99 percent sure every switch port Nintendo released had a bunch of complaints about the pricing and being Wii u ports. I don't know how someone could say people are giving Nintendo a pass on that. Also, refresh my memory which game was it Nintendo sold that included the download code instead of a cartridge I'm thinking it was Bayonetta 1 and 2. I'm not sure as I bought it digitally

That's kind of intellectually dishonest. Yeah, there was some complaining, but a lot of people defended Nintendo on it and even criticized the opinions of people who didn't like how Nintendo handled their ports. The people who complained were basically alienated for it while everyone else just accepted it because "ohh, those games were on a console that didn't sell" or "ohh, this version is slightly better" or the best one yet "Consumers decide what prices are reasonable so it doesn't matter if they charge $10 as long as it sells". Nintendo for all intents and purposes got a pass, those ports sold well, their fanbase defended them, and a vast majority of their fans (even the ones that owned a Wii U) were ok with it and deflected any criticism. It's not like Capcom where 90% of the people involved in the discussion are in full on hate mode. Bayonetta 2 is literally half the price on Nintendo's own Wii U shop that it is on the Switch eshop. 

Baddman said:

That's kind of intellectually dishonest. Yeah, there was some complaining, but a lot of people defended Nintendo on it and even criticized the opinions of people who didn't like how Nintendo handled their ports. The people who complained were basically alienated for it while everyone else just accepted it because "ohh, those games were on a console that didn't sell" or "ohh, this version is slightly better" or the best one yet "Consumers decide what prices are reasonable so it doesn't matter if they charge $10 as long as it sells". Nintendo for all intents and purposes got a pass, those ports sold well, their fanbase defended them, and a vast majority of their fans (even the ones that owned a Wii U) were ok with it and deflected any criticism. It's not like Capcom where 90% of the people involved in the discussion are in full on hate mode. Bayonetta 2 is literally half the price on Nintendo's own Wii U shop that it is on the Switch eshop. 

Unless you have proof the people complaining about capcom ports are the same ones that defend Nintendo I dont see how it was being intellectually dishonest. I am a member of many Nintendo groups and other forums Nintendo absolutely got a lot of complaints, people defending the ports doesn't negate that there was a considerable amount of complaints about the ports and their pricing

I would take a collection of 1, 3 and half of 4.

Fun fact a remake of DMC was in the works for the Wii utilizing aspects of DMC3 and 4 before being scrapped.