By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - New Text Editor - Update

Drake's new single Tal's Plan releasing tonight. Keep it up.

Around the Network

good to be a supporter

TalonMan said:

-Snip-

One thing I really appreciate is the ability to move the cursor above the quote box, by using the arrow keys.

Makes it a lot simpler than how I used to do it.
The Undo and Redo buttons are also really nice. Going to be trying this out more and more, but loving it so far!

Hey!
Is there a way to paste bitmap images that I've copied from Excel? That's what I used to do before the update but it doesn't work anymore.

Boutros said:
Hey!
Is there a way to paste bitmap images that I've copied from Excel? That's what I used to do before the update but it doesn't work anymore.

No - that's intentionally disabled. Needed to enforce image sizing in posts, and didn't have a good way to do it with copy/paste. It will likely return, some day...

Around the Network
TalonMan said:
Boutros said:
Hey!

No - that's intentionally disabled. Needed to enforce image sizing in posts, and didn't have a good way to do it with copy/paste. It will likely return, some day...

But then how do I efficiently copy Excel content? I've been doing it daily for over 6 years now in the COMG thread :(

Last edited by Boutros - on 23 March 2019

I'll need some time to get used to the new possibilities.

Let me do a test for my news template on the PC thread.

An Intro

SALES & DEALS

Steam's top 10 (when they post it)

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. etc.

SOME NEWS
link to the article
The article itself
>> A note or something else, followed by a blank space.

Some deals about a store or site:

• Deal 1
  • Deal 2
  • Rare chance of making a sub list on a list
    • good try

MORE STUFF

Looks like I'll need to make some adjustments to my template. The italics don't work as they did.

Last edited by JEMC - on 23 March 2019

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Boutros said:
TalonMan said:

But then how do I efficiently copy Excel content? I've been doing it daily for over 6 years now in the COMG thread :(

Unfortunately, I don't have a good answer other than to download them to your local drive and upload them via the local upload option. I know the copy/paste is a far more convenient option (and was technically only working because of a bug with FF), but the tradeoff of allowing users to upload images directly from their local drives is a damn good one...    ...and again, enforcing image sizing is very important if those images are getting embedded in the posts.

TalonMan said:

An issue I've encountered with the new text editor using Chrome browser.
Often times (not always) when I hold Shift and press Enter to create a new row, the space key will no longer create spaces.
I'm not yet sure what triggers it (I wasn't able to replicate the issue while posting this comment, for example), but for the times it has happened, when I press Enter without holding shift, the space key works again. And when I try holding Shift and pressing space again, the problem comes back.

Omg it finally works!!! Thank you so much Talon and anyone else who worked on this 😊😊😃😃 

Last edited by UltimateGamer1982 - on 24 March 2019