By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - New Text Editor - Update

Ganoncrotch said:
Been meaning to say, that text editor on android is absolutely fantastic, the outline for a quoted post seems to be a little off for me but in comparison to using the older version I don't encounter the bizarre autocorrected text error that I had before with the older version, although of course it does still happen if using the Quick reply window at the bottom of a thread rather than clicking reply to the thread.

The insert media button doesn't offer any form of error message though if you try to upload a local file into it which is say... a picture though, I first used that when trying to upload a pic and you just get dropped back a screen with no feedback as to what happened, could be an idea to have a dialogue box explain that upload image is not done with upload media, if that's possible since that would require alteration to the rich text editor plugin. Just some food for thought though.

- I have heard mention about the quote outline in the mobile, not being very visible (if at all) - I rarely use it, so I haven't seen it myself. I'll check it out though.

- As for the upload, again - I haven't used the mobile editor, so I can't really comment other than to say, I'll look at it. I will tell you, that there is a "max size" cap on the image uploads (I believe I set it to 500k) and it should throw a message if you exceed that size. That said, the mobile view is obviously very different than the desktop view and perhaps the error message isn't properly displaying in the mobile view.

Anyway - thanks for the feedback. I'll have to force myself to use the mobile editor a bit more, so I can see what's what...

Around the Network

Cool Stuff! Question, is the View and then Source code that same as clicking the HTML button on the old editor? Not that I know anything, but I learned a lot about code back in the past from going through that and trying to repair code in threads I had made. I probably cannot remember anything now, but in the past that was really cool to be able to learn here.

thanks

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

spurgeonryan said:

Cool Stuff! Question, is the View and then Source code that same as clicking the HTML button on the old editor? Not that I know anything, but I learned a lot about code back in the past from going through that and trying to repair code in threads I had made. I probably cannot remember anything now, but in the past that was really cool to be able to learn here.

thanks

Yup - it's the same. There's also an icon for it, as well (it's on the bottom toolbar, second to last icon - looks like this: <> )

TalonMan said:
spurgeonryan said:

thanks

Yup - it's the same. There's also an icon for it, as well (it's on the bottom toolbar, second to last icon - looks like this: <> )

Yes, excellent, looks the same!

And then the insert rows used to be red I think, I see it all now. Thanks.

Smiley face option is cool as well!

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

spurgeonryan said:
TalonMan said:

Yes, excellent, looks the same!

And then the insert rows used to be red I think, I see it all now. Thanks.

Smiley face option is cool as well!

The built-in "help" functionality, is an excellent resource, too. It lists out the plugins that have been installed, and even directs you to documentation on how to take advantage of the add-on functionality...    ...all around, I'm very impressed with this upgrade!!!

Around the Network

Here’s a question. I’m on my iPad whenever I’m on here and there’s been times I’d want to post a meme or cool image of a game in a comment but it never worked for me.

Am I doing something wrong or is iOS just not compatible with this site for that?

Thanks.

UltimateGamer1982 said:
Here’s a question. I’m on my iPad whenever I’m on here and there’s been times I’d want to post a meme or cool image of a game in a comment but it never worked for me.

Am I doing something wrong or is iOS just not compatible with this site for that?

Thanks.

How are you trying to post the image? Are you attempting to upload a local file (that likely won't work with the old editor), or are you doing an image embed using a URL (which should work in either version of the editor)?

TalonMan said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:

Thanks.

How are you trying to post the image? Are you attempting to upload a local file (that likely won't work with the old editor), or are you doing an image embed using a URL (which should work in either version of the editor)?

Here’s what i do. I go to google images, find the pic I want and press on it till it allows me to copy the url. I then go to the editor here with the little tree icon and paste the code into the image url field and click insert but nothing happens. The url disappears after I click insert. 

UltimateGamer1982 said:
TalonMan said:

Here’s what i do. I go to google images, find the pic I want and press on it till it allows me to copy the url. I then go to the editor here with the little tree icon and paste the code into the image url field and click insert but nothing happens. The url disappears after I click h. 

Can you post the link here so I can test myself?

Some sites protect their content from being shared this sounds alot like that

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.