By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - New Text Editor - Update

mZuzek said:
Actually... is there any way to become a supporter and not get the supporter tag? Like, can I opt out of it?

Why don't you want to show that you're a supporter? :(

---------

Thanks Talon, you're the best! 

Around the Network
Machina said:
mZuzek said:
Actually... is there any way to become a supporter and not get the supporter tag? Like, can I opt out of it?

I, um... well, let's just say your profile picture is a very good example.

mZuzek said:
Machina said:

But you'd only have one, it wouldn't consume your avatar xD

mZuzek said:
Machina said:

LOL!!!

Yeah - well, somebody did request that exact functionality awhile ago (suppressing the banners) before they'd commit to being a Supporter...    ...so, of COURSE I jumped on that and took care of it almost immediately. 

nice updates are always good.

did you consider switching to CKeditor? If so was it just too hard to swap over form the current one?

Around the Network

While I appreciate what you're doing with giving supporters a perk here, you have to consider what you are doing in keeping a fix to a text entry from mobile users, especially given the bizarre text entry bug with auto correct that a number of users are talking about. I'm not sure if this update would fix that in any way but right now when that bug kicks in on this sites mobile version it makes it pretty much impossible to post, one of my recent posts mostly survived but did get some crazy accent in over an A that made me chuckle since I've no idea where it could come from being that my language doesn't use those accents, so bad prediction there lol.

I'm just saying, text entry being up to date (not using 2008) isn't a great idea imo on a forum based mostly.... on text entry! Perhaps at least consider a faster rollout of the mobile version of this if any of the supporters / beta testers had previously encountered the android text entry bug but have seen its hampering nature reduced using this new software.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Machina said:
mZuzek said:

But you'd only have one, it wouldn't consume your avatar xD

It wouldn't, but I'd also like to keep it simple. Also I'd kinda rather just stay low-key instead of having this thing over my avatar telling everyone I'm a supporter - I mean, I don't know, I feel like it's bragging if I put the banner there. Just a personal thing I guess, I don't mind it on anyone else either.

TalonMan said:

Yeah - well, somebody did request that exact functionality awhile ago (suppressing the banners) before they'd commit to being a Supporter...    ...so, of COURSE I jumped on that and took care of it almost immediately. 

By the way, thanks for that!

Ganoncrotch said:
While I appreciate what you're doing with giving supporters a perk here, you have to consider what you are doing in keeping a fix to a text entry from mobile users, especially given the bizarre text entry bug with auto correct that a number of users are talking about. I'm not sure if this update would fix that in any way but right now when that bug kicks in on this sites mobile version it makes it pretty much impossible to post, one of my recent posts mostly survived but did get some crazy accent in over an A that made me chuckle since I've no idea where it could come from being that my language doesn't use those accents, so bad prediction there lol.

I'm just saying, text entry being up to date (not using 2008) isn't a great idea imo on a forum based mostly.... on text entry! Perhaps at least consider a faster rollout of the mobile version of this if any of the supporters / beta testers had previously encountered the android text entry bug but have seen its hampering nature reduced using this new software.

Well, I also said that this was going to be for Supporters Only "for a period of time" - meaning, it won't be like this forever and it will most assuredly be opened to everyone, eventually. But doing it this way by limiting the audience, not only gives Supporters a nice new perk to play with - but it also gives me a chance to stay on top of any problems that crop up, rather than having hundreds of users pinging me at the same time because the forums are crashing... 

The new editor is "live" for Supporters - please let me know ASAP, if you are having any issues...

Cobretti2 said:
nice updates are always good.

did you consider switching to CKeditor? If so was it just too hard to swap over form the current one?

I don't know much about that one - but since many of the hooks are already in place for TinyMCE, I'm hesitant to rip things apart even further. TinyMCE is on the verge of releasing a Major update to version 5 soon (it's been in preview mode for awhile), so maybe I'll look into CKeditor and compare it with V5 before making any future changes...