By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Samsung 43MU6100 or Sony Bravia XBR-55x905f? (UPDATE: Sony it is)

Tagged games:

Which should I get?

Samsung 43MU6100 4 20.00%

Sony Bravia XBR-55x905f 16 80.00%

Total:20
BraLoD said:

Do you have pics from the 55 on your other room?

I dont have atm but once I do, I will show you (not sure when though :P).

Basil's YouTube Channel

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
BraLoD said:

Do you have pics from the 55 on your other room?

But do you think 7 feet is a good distancia between you and a 55 screen?

Internet tells me it's a pretty good distance to enjoy all the 4K goodness, but I really dunno, lol.

BraLoD said:
BasilZero said:

Internet tells me it's a pretty good distance to enjoy all the 4K goodness, but I really dunno, lol.

It is fine.

My parents use my 55'' TV and they seem to be fine with it lol. Though they are laying on their bed while watching it or sitting on a chair that is right next to the wall opposite of the TV.

Seems fine to me.

Basil's YouTube Channel

BraLoD said:
BasilZero said:
Neither

Get a Sony x900f 75'' like me.

How do you like it? The image quality and motion looks awesome even from youtube.

Do you think the 55" model would be too big for a 8 feet room to watch from 7 feet away?

I'm about 7 feet away on a 55inch Samsung from like Series 6 or 7 i guess. Looks god from that distance, even standard definition videos. Obviously 1080 stuff looks crisper.

Well right now I'm sat about 8ft away from a 65" tele and I can tell you my eyes are fine and it actually feels like a perfect distance for me personally, so I reckon you'll be fine with the 55"

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
BraLoD said:

It is fine.

My parents use my 55'' TV and they seem to be fine with it lol. Though they are laying on their bed while watching it or sitting on a chair that is right next to the wall opposite of the TV.

Seems fine to me.

Cobretti2 said:
BraLoD said:

How do you like it? The image quality and motion looks awesome even from youtube.

Do you think the 55" model would be too big for a 8 feet room to watch from 7 feet away?

I'm about 7 feet away on a 55inch Samsung from like Series 6 or 7 i guess. Looks god from that distance, even standard definition videos. Obviously 1080 stuff looks crisper.

Bristow9091 said:
Well right now I'm sat about 8ft away from a 65" tele and I can tell you my eyes are fine and it actually feels like a perfect distance for me personally, so I reckon you'll be fine with the 55"

Thank you all.

I'll think a bit more but I'm really tempted to get it, lol.

I'll update here if I decide to buy it soon, as it just went back to its original pricing on the store I could get a discount and I really won't pay what it is going for now, lol.

Cobretti2 said:
BraLoD said:

I sit about 10ft away from a 51" Sammy Plasma and I'd sit at least a couple feet closer if the room design would allow for it. It took me a little bit of time to get used to the larger screen, but it wasn't a problem after I adjusted, and feel that I could go with a 65" with my set up as is and it would be fine. Actually at 10ft now, sometimes the text on certain games can be a bit too small and tough to read. I have to lean forward on the edge of the couch as much as I can here and there, to read some of the text if it's important. 7 feet for a 55" would be right in the sweet spot.

Dude, what's with the door!?

KLAMarine said:
Dude, what's with the door!?

Lol i asked that once in another thread. I'll let him explain it haha

UPDATE: I bought the Sony TV some days ago, just waiting for it to ship in some days now.

New question: Do you guys recommend any good wall mounts? I need one that makes the TV stick close to the wall but would like to be able to easily handle its back ports too...