By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Claybook on Switch - Out Now

Any other Switch owners interested in this one? I feel like it kinda got overshadowed since it's reveal was just before the recent Direct. Surprised it wasn't in the Direct honestly given several other indies were included.

Anyway, it's a physics-based puzzler coming to Switch next month. Gameplay is based around levels made of fully deformable clay where you use different powers to destroy or manipulate your surroundings in order to complete challenges.

Looks like the kind of game that will be good for kicking back, relaxing, and messing around. 

It also just looks really cool and fresh in the sense that there really aren't any other games out there quite like it, at least that I'm aware of, and it's always nice to see developers trying new things.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 22 February 2019

Around the Network

Whoa, looks neat! The real challenge is finding something to make.

looks pretty interesting, one thing that's cool with the eshop is a lot of titles like this get demos' so we can take a look first then lay down some cash, Nintendo went from being miles behind with their online store to being pretty much ahead of the game in my opinion with the Switch.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

CaptainExplosion said: 
That looks beautiful!! :D

Indeed, one of the nicest looking Switch games to date IMHO.

Not sure if thus will embed properly (I suck at that sort of thing) but here's some portable mode screens

Besides looking great it seems like the kind of game that will lend itself really well to portable play with its bite-sized levels. You can knock off a level or three on during a short bus/train ride or on your lunch break at work.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 23 February 2019

Wow, how did this not get spotlighted in the Direct? This looks really cool! I love physics puzzlers.

Around the Network

Release date confirmed: 12th of March

Also, new trailer showing the game's creation tools, which are cross-platform allowing Switch owners to share levels with players on other systems

Its been out for along time on PS4, Steam too right? (like 6months+)
So good on Switch also getting it.

Havnt played it myself but.... from the look of it, its a puzzle course, time run thingy, with levels.
You controll a ball of clay, and move it through a course.

Its simple but looks pretty good in action.

looks interesting my kids might like it as they are obsessed with Clay

looks interesting, not sure if its something id buy tho

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Well, Nintendo doesn't seem to be giving this one any coverage at all, so just a PSA that the game is out now for those who are interested.

My copy is downloading now, will check it out after work tomorrow.