By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4/XBO/NS - 2018 vs. 2019 - Week 52 Numbers Added; Final 2019 Totals

PAOerfulone said:
According to my first calculations for this thread: By the 4th week of last year, the PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch sold through roughly 7.15%, 4.97%, and 5.75% of their yearly sales respectively.

Applying those same percentages to this year, given the first 4 weeks of data we have now, this is what all three systems would sell in 2019:

PlayStation 4 - 14,644,360
Xbox One - 4,827,667
Nintendo Switch - 20,292,569

As others have said, this is really interesting. I look forward to see this updated.

Nice thread

Around the Network

Week 6 Numbers Added

PS4 is down a lot already, really shows how big the MHW boost was last year. And still, I fear the console is slightly overtracked (about 1-200k)

On the other hand Switch looks a bit low, as Japan making up more than half of the console's boost over last year doesn't make very much sense to me. But again, not by very much yet, I think it's just 50-100k off

Bofferbrauer2 said:
PS4 is down a lot already, really shows how big the MHW boost was last year. And still, I fear the console is slightly overtracked (about 1-200k)

On the other hand Switch looks a bit low, as Japan making up more than half of the console's boost over last year doesn't make very much sense to me. But again, not by very much yet, I think it's just 50-100k off

That is an odd range for the PS4 to be over tracked between 1k-200k? Why so large?

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

TheBlackNaruto said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

That is an odd range for the PS4 to be over tracked between 1k-200k? Why so large?

I think he means 100k-200k lol

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Ahhhhh okay lol. Because I was like 1k-200k? What int eh world lol. But okay 100k-200k makes more sense.

TheBlackNaruto said:
zorg1000 said:

Ahhhhh okay lol. Because I was like 1k-200k? What int eh world lol. But okay 100k-200k makes more sense.

Yeah, sorry, it's supposed to mean 100-200k. Sounded better in my head than written down

Bofferbrauer2 said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Yeah, sorry, it's supposed to mean 100-200k. Sounded better in my head than written down

You are all good man lol!

Do you think I overestimate the FFVII + Yoshi CW boost ?

Amnesia said:

Do you think I overestimate the FFVII + Yoshi CW boost ?

Possibly, but on the other hand it's also possible the numbers will be adjusted at a later date, so I would certainly leave those 270k there for now