Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4/XBO/NS - 2018 vs. 2019 - Week 52 Numbers Added; Final 2019 Totals

Just posted Week 50 numbers. My apologies for the long, overdue update. I've been really sick these past few days with a stomach virus and diarrhea. I'm starting to feel much better and I should be able to make a full recovery so long as I keep taking my medication.



Hardware Comparison Threads:

PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch: 2019 vs. 2020
(https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/241660/ps4xbons-2019-vs-2020/1/)

Around the Network
PAOerfulone said:

Just posted Week 50 numbers. My apologies for the long, overdue update. I've been really sick these past few days with a stomach virus and diarrhea. I'm starting to feel much better and I should be able to make a full recovery so long as I keep taking my medication.

No worries, glad to read you are feeling better. Great job as always.



PAOerfulone said:

Just posted Week 50 numbers. My apologies for the long, overdue update. I've been really sick these past few days with a stomach virus and diarrhea. I'm starting to feel much better and I should be able to make a full recovery so long as I keep taking my medication.

Those are the worst, I had that a few years ago and was stuck on the toilet while simultaneously throwing up in the waste basket for what felt like hours, I do not wish that upon my worst enemies.



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

PAOerfulone said:

Just posted Week 50 numbers. My apologies for the long, overdue update. I've been really sick these past few days with a stomach virus and diarrhea. I'm starting to feel much better and I should be able to make a full recovery so long as I keep taking my medication.

Thanks for the update and I hope you feel fully recovered soon!



Week 51 Numbers have just been posted.
The PS4 just now crossed the 13 million mark for the year and it's not a lock that it will cross 14 million, though I expect it to do so.
The Xbox One should fall just short of the 5 million mark for this year.
The Switch has a very good chance at cracking 20 million next week, it will need to sell though 751,405 units to do it.



Hardware Comparison Threads:

PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch: 2019 vs. 2020
(https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/241660/ps4xbons-2019-vs-2020/1/)

Around the Network
PAOerfulone said:

Week 51 Numbers have just been posted.
The PS4 just now crossed the 13 million mark for the year and it's not a lock that it will cross 14 million, though I expect it to do so.
The Xbox One should fall just short of the 5 million mark for this year.
The Switch has a very good chance at cracking 20 million next week, it will need to sell though 751,405 units to do it.

PS4 should make the 14 million mark.  They have a massive discount in Japan going on that should allow it to sell at least 350k globally which would just edge it beyond 14 million.

Xbox One has no chance of hitting 5 million. It would have to sell more in Week 52 than it did in Week 51 and that just doesn't happen.

Switch is 750k away from 20 million.  If it matches last year's Week 52, it will have it. And it should given that the past two weeks it has been up YoY by ~60k.  If that holds, Switch would end they year with ~20.1 million.



Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

PS4 is really dropping faster than I thought. Next year should be hitting hard too, with PS5 official announcement I dont see them pushing deals for the PS4 either.

People expecting it to reach 130 millions while next year it will definitely sell under 10 million, I see it around 120 a little more a little less.

While switch has a chance of peaking next year. Still this is it will probably get over 20 millions, and I'm expecting some adjustment up for it.



And now, the 52nd and Final Weekly Numbers of 2019 have just been posted.

As of now, before adjustments, the final yearly totals of 2019 for all three systems are:

PlayStation 4: 14,114,193
Xbox One: 4,874,859
Nintendo Switch: 20,210,138

The PS4 finishes the year down over 4 million units from last year. The Xbox One ended just under 2 million units down from last year. And the Nintendo Switch was up over 3.7 million units from last year, and cracked the 20 million mark, making the Switch's 2019, unofficially, better than the PS4's peak year in 2017.

The Nintendo Switch, barring adjustments down, becomes the 3rd console to sell through 20 million units in one year, joining the PS2 and the Wii, two systems which did it twice. And the 4th system overall along with the DS, which accomplished the milestone a whopping 5 times.



Hardware Comparison Threads:

PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch: 2019 vs. 2020
(https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/241660/ps4xbons-2019-vs-2020/1/)

PAOerfulone said:
And now, the 52nd and Final Weekly Numbers of 2019 have just been posted.

As of now, before adjustments, the final yearly totals of 2019 for all three systems are:

PlayStation 4: 14,114,193
Xbox One: 4,874,859
Nintendo Switch: 20,210,138

The PS4 finishes the year down over 4 million units from last year. The Xbox One ended just under 2 million units down from last year. And the Nintendo Switch was up over 3.7 million units from last year, and cracked the 20 million mark, making the Switch's 2019, unofficially, better than the PS4's peak year in 2017.

The Nintendo Switch, barring adjustments down, becomes the 3rd console to sell through 20 million units in one year, joining the PS2 and the Wii, two systems which did it twice. And the 4th system overall along with the DS, which accomplished the milestone a whopping 5 times.

That’s awesome about the switch, it’s a beast and a fantastic system, PS4 is also a beast. Xbox not so much lol 



PAOerfulone said:
And now, the 52nd and Final Weekly Numbers of 2019 have just been posted.

As of now, before adjustments, the final yearly totals of 2019 for all three systems are:

PlayStation 4: 14,114,193
Xbox One: 4,874,859
Nintendo Switch: 20,210,138

The PS4 finishes the year down over 4 million units from last year. The Xbox One ended just under 2 million units down from last year. And the Nintendo Switch was up over 3.7 million units from last year, and cracked the 20 million mark, making the Switch's 2019, unofficially, better than the PS4's peak year in 2017.

The Nintendo Switch, barring adjustments down, becomes the 3rd console to sell through 20 million units in one year, joining the PS2 and the Wii, two systems which did it twice. And the 4th system overall along with the DS, which accomplished the milestone a whopping 5 times.

Great work PAOerfulone!

Will you create a new thread for next year again?