By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Astral Chain announced for Nintendo Switch! (Platnium Games)

Tagged games:

Hiku said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
I know it's early but it looks like it could be one of the best games of the year.

Yeah, I'm not sure if I'm more surprised by the remake of Link's Awakening, or this.
The combat looks really stylish and fluid, as expected from the Nier: Automata team. And I like the art direction and setting. Now I'm really hoping it's an action-rpg so that we get to explore the world and get to know its inhabitants.
I don't have a big problem with the way the main characters look, but I would say it feels like their appearance doesn't do the rest of the game justice, from what I saw.

Also, important info:

It’ll be out on August 30. Oh, and according to Nier Automata director Yoko Taro, Astral Chain director Takahisa Taura’s nickname is “USB” or “Ultimate Sex Beast.” No, I’m not making this up. So that’s important, too.

XD very important info!

Around the Network

I wish it was online co op xD

it looks awesome

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

I think it's pretty much official Kamiya has to be director or producer of Bayonetta 3 at this point as it's confirmed Hashimoto has left PG.

Wyrdness said:
The clear concept in the game from the trailer is the synergy between the player and the mech like being they're chained to, going by PG's approach to depth and NA's design choices for combat we see the chained entity (CE for now) has different variants so they'll likely dictate how the player conducts the mechanics we also see the player character use melee and ranged weaponry so we have differing equipment to add depth as well. I'll guess and say that what you have equipped determines the abilities and obviously attacks you have while the CE determines the mechanics and approach you can take and I'm guessing you'll likely be able to switch CE and equipment on the fly as well. Currently the gameplay looks like a combination of MGR, NA and Vanquish.

The entities are called Legions, if Im not mistaken.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Wyrdness said:
I think it's pretty much official Kamiya has to be director or producer of Bayonetta 3 at this point as it's confirmed Hashimoto has left PG.

Yea just read about it now. What a twist of events...wish him well in his future endeavors.

https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/02/14/bayonetta-2-director-yusuke-hashimoto-leaves-platinumgames

Around the Network

Oh ... Hashimoto (Farewell and good luck with his next projects) has quit so this means that Kamiya is directing Bayo 3 100% ... nice.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

I like what I saw

I LOVE ICELAND!