By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Astral Chain announced for Nintendo Switch! (Platnium Games)

Tagged games:

Paatar said:
I have a feeling DQ11 will be in September. I’m gonna be so happy that each month I’ll have some great game to play.
July Fire Emblem
August Astral Chain
Dragon Quest 11 probably September
Animal Crossing will also probably be September or October.

God damn. And then Pokémon in November probably. Hell yes.

Yeah, I think you are right about Dragon's Quest being released in September, but I do believe we will see multiple Nintendo games release in the same month.

Demon x Machina releasing a couple weeks before Astral Chain in August.

I both Dragon Quest and Ultimate Alliance 3 are gonna end up as September titles, with UA3 being first half of September and DQ11 being second half. 

Luigi's Manson 3 and Zelda are releasing in October.

Pokemon the weekend before Black Friday.

Animal Crossing in December.

Around the Network

The game looks fantastic. I can't wait to find out more details about it. I'm hoping it is 2 player local co-op.

Unless I am forgetting something, the new Nintendo IP for the year are Astral Chain and Daemon X Machina. Maybe Nintendo is trying to stretch away from its kiddy image by developing more games in the "T for Teen" rating? Might just be a coincidence. I like that both new IP look edgy and original, but I think Astral Chain stole some of the hype away from Daemon X Machina.

Hyped for this game. The most interesting for me from all this Direct. It was a nice and unexpected surprise.

I could not be more down. Cyberpunk open world game actually set in a city and actually dark with good combat. Just hope the story is good.

mZuzek said:
spemanig said:
I could not be more down. Cyberpunk open world game actually set in a city and actually dark with good combat. Just hope the story is good.

You've made a positive post!

Would you believe I have nothing negative to say about the new Star Fox content either?

Around the Network

I like the look of this way more than bayo. I’m very excited

mZuzek said:
spemanig said:

Would you believe I have nothing negative to say about the new Star Fox content either?

I would, because that was too unremarkable to be worth commenting on.

Astral Chain does look sick though, I'm hyped.

We'll just focus on Astral Chain then lol

I'm with some of the others. Out of all of the games announced, this one piqued my interest the most. Platinum Games LOVES Nintendo. They seem to go out of their way to make games for them. Every excited for this.

I wonder how Bayo 3 is doing. I also hope that Gran Blue is still releasing sometime soon as well.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

The clear concept in the game from the trailer is the synergy between the player and the mech like being they're chained to, going by PG's approach to depth and NA's design choices for combat we see the chained entity (CE for now) has different variants so they'll likely dictate how the player conducts the mechanics we also see the player character use melee and ranged weaponry so we have differing equipment to add depth as well. I'll guess and say that what you have equipped determines the abilities and obviously attacks you have while the CE determines the mechanics and approach you can take and I'm guessing you'll likely be able to switch CE and equipment on the fly as well. Currently the gameplay looks like a combination of MGR, NA and Vanquish.

I'm really excited about this game. The soundtrack is wonderful, the gameplay looks pretty cool, and the world design and the characters seems incredible.

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)