Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Astral Chain announced for Nintendo Switch! (Platnium Games)

Tagged games:

I had no idea what was happening but I am extremely excited for this.

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
This confirms something to me: Bayonetta 3 will probably be something *really* special.

ALSO THIS GAME LOOKS HYPE

I almost thought it was going to be Monolith Soft's action game

melbye said:
This confirms something to me: Bayonetta 3 will probably be something *really* special.

So it wasn't just me who thought there was something Monolithy about this game.

Jranation said:

Same!

Add me to the list, I was think is this a Monolith game? Then I got thinking, I hope they are stilling making that Fantasy game. The faces on the characters were the biggest thing drawing me to them. But its made sense when I started seeing the names come up.

Check out my lastest games review: Fast RMX and  Snipperclips: Cut it out Together

Biggest surprise of the direct. Does anyone know if this is an exclusive Switch title?

I thought it was a prequel to Xenoblade 2's Torna up until almost the end. 

The sentence below is false. 
The sentence above is true. 

cycycychris said:

melbye said:

So it wasn't just me who thought there was something Monolithy about this game.

Jranation said:

Same!

Add me to the list, I was think is this a Monolith game? Then I got thinking, I hope they are stilling making that Fantasy game. The faces on the characters were the biggest thing drawing me to them. But its made sense when I started seeing the names come up.

I also thought of Monolith Soft. The character designs and some of the camera angles felt a lot like Xenoblade.

Around the Network
XD84 said:
Biggest surprise of the direct. Does anyone know if this is an exclusive Switch title?

According to Game Informer it is. 

https://www.gameinformer.com/nintendo-direct/2019/02/13/nintendo-and-platinumgames-announce-new-ip-astral-chain

The sentence below is false. 
The sentence above is true. 

It's Nier Automata's team behind this the director is even the same guy who was under Taro so they know how to execute an open world action title. Essentially the are two games from PG now one from the Bayo Team (B3) and now the Nier Automata team.

This was the only new announcement from the Direct that interests me.

Doesn't seem like my cup of tea, but it does look like a fairly high quality game so that will be interesting.

My biggest gripe with this game is Anime tones. Why why why.