By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rate Nintendo's First Direct of 2019!

Rate Nintendo Direct 02/13/2019 out of 10

10 22 12.02%

9 57 31.15%

8 43 23.50%

7 24 13.11%

6 14 7.65%

5 7 3.83%

4 4 2.19%

3 3 1.64%

2 5 2.73%

1 4 2.19%

Total:183

Final Fantasy IX is downloading on my Switch home menu as I type this.

Around the Network

i give it a 6 / 10

there were some nice announcements like Super Mario Maker 2, Astral Chains, and Link's Awakening which I am very excited for, but the bad outweighed the good this time. a lot of what we saw were release dates for games we knew were coming soon and then just minor announcements to fill the gaps. we didnt need a whole segment dedicated to DQ XI, the new Fire Emblem game doesnt look like something fans will enjoy and feature another lame blue-haired sword-wielder, and all we got for Smash Bros was the announcement of an update and a future video discussing it. that one disney game looked stupid. a lot of it was just forgettable. i am VERY excited for Tetris 99 though. i am a huge Tetris fan and a battle royale mode is very enticing to me. plus its free for NSO, which is perfect.

so yeah, not bad but not good. it could have been a lot better. and there was no showstopper to really get me hyped. 6 / 10

8/10
+ Rune Factory 5 announcement
+ Links Awakening
+ Platinum Game
+ Tetris 99 lol

- The release dates (march - june looks a bit stale but that's not too bad for my backlog)
- Rune Factory 4 (quite unnecessary)
- No Kingdom Hearts :(

I really like that every major game slowly does provide a demo!

village boy learns to jump.

Animal crossing is trending WW for NOT being in the direct, this franchise is so damn powerful now.
Like i think this is the main reason why people aren't satisfied w the direct. Cause it was not bad at all. You add AC and it was damn great.

Damn, I just realized that Fire Emblem and Dragon Quest are releasing within 4 days of each other. The 26th and 29th of July.
(Sigh) Sorry, Dragon Quest, but you're gonna have to wait a little longer.

Around the Network

9/10, load of content that bolsters up 2019 line up and that was even with out showing B3, Gen 8, AC and Town mind you.

4.5/10

8.5 from me, great Direct but I expected Metroid Prime Trilogy HD or at least Pikmin 3 port.

Jranation said:
Nogamez said:
Im going to get murdered for this buuuut 2/10 for me. Zelda looks amazing ( but its a remake albeit it a damn impressive one) and Hellblade my GOAT buuut obviously i already own that game on ps4. Everything else didnt interest me one bit. No Snes games, no netflix, no mention of overhauling horrendous OS, nothing from Retro. No pokemon or animal crossing. No Botw or SMO dlc. No Luigis mansion. Just a bunch of anime that doesnt interest me one bit. Thank god for that one zelda remake. Astral chains looked ok i guess will beed to see more on that. Pretty terrible overall for me. Oh and that absolute terrible port od dead by daylight seriously?

They dont wanna drop everything in this direct. It will overshadow the other games. Like most Nintendo directs, they do not show everything. They like to space out the big games. 

So expect Pokemon, Luigi Mansion and Animal Crossing at e3 or if there is a direct before e3. 

And with Pokemon, its Game Freak. We all should know by now that Game Freak announces the mainline games at their own pace and time. People who expected Pokemon Gen 8 to make its initial debut outside of Game Freak's own presentation should reflect upon the history of Game Freak's announcement patterns.

And the BoTW and SMO DLCs were not expected, nor guaranteed.

Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion 3 will get their time when Nintendo believes the time is right for them to be revealed. It's been like that for Zelda BoTW, Metroid Prime 4, Smash Bros. Ultimate, and many other games of Nintendo's past.

As for me, its a 7-8/10, I liked it for what it is. A lot of the ports presented are games I have not played so I am looking forward to learning more about them to see if they interest me. Mario Maker 2 looks and sounds great to me! Can't wait for Joker and even though I hoped for the reveal of the second DLC fighter pack, I am willing to wait longer to learn more. Link's Awakening remake looks amazing as well as Fire Emblem Three Houses, which I will definitely go for the special edition. The new Platinum Games title Astral Chain looks interesting, a mix between Xenoblade Chronicles X's artstyle and Platinum Games' over-the-top action gameplay. My sibling will definitely look forward to the Rune Factory games. I'll definitely try out the demo for Daemon x Machina. Yoshi's Crafted World looks nice and I will try out the demo today. I have more to mention, but that's already a lot of games to look forward to for just this year alone.

I hope not a lot of people are acting like they have a pretty big budget to spend games on a yearly basis. This direct is fine. Not everything is there, but no one should expect that. Nintendo only operated like that once when they were desperate. Now with the Switch doing well, they're pacing themselves with what they to present in Directs. Of course, I feel for people not getting what they want, but hopefully we will learn more about the games they want soon.

Ok, I just gotta say. Nothing against Animal Crossing as a franchise, I enjoyed New Leaf and am very much looking forward to the Switch games.
But the fan base, specifically the ones who are bitching on Twitter about it not being in the Direct, seriously needs to chill the fuck out. The game is coming, and you're going to get all the info you want soon. Just have some damn patience, Jesus Christ!