By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rate Nintendo's First Direct of 2019!

Rate Nintendo Direct 02/13/2019 out of 10

10 22 12.02%

9 57 31.15%

8 43 23.50%

7 24 13.11%

6 14 7.65%

5 7 3.83%

4 4 2.19%

3 3 1.64%

2 5 2.73%

1 4 2.19%

Total:183
potato_hamster said:
Miyamotoo said:

March is OK, April is very strong in any case, but May looking a bit empty for now (but that could be easily changed):

-March: Yoshi's Crafted World, Final Fantasy VII, Chocobo’s Mystery Dungeon Every Buddy!, Unravel two, Captain Toad update
-April: Mortal Kombat 11, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, Final Fantasy XII, Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, Darksiders Warmastered Edition, Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 3.0 Update, Box Boy + Box Girl, Starlink update
-May: Team Sonic Racing, Assassin's Creed III Remastered, Atelier Lulua: The Scion of Arland

April is only strong if you have only ever gamed on Nintendo consoles.

Yes and no. A bunch of those are late ports but there is also a handful of original content.

Dragon Ball Heroes

Mortal Kombat

Smash Bros update

Box Boy+Box Girl

Starlink update

I mean that's definitely not a killer lineup but I think it's still decent.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

I'm so glad to see the positivity here on VGC, or at least in this thread, for the Direct. Not everything wowed me, but then again I already realigned my expectations this generation for seeing a lot of titles announced that normally would have been handheld based or focused more toward the Japanese and anime-minded gamers. Personally, I really only ever need to see 2-3 unannounced titles that are aimed at me to be impressed by a Direct. Super Mario Maker 2 and Link's Awakening filled those spots and the additional content for Captain Toad, 99 Tetris, and Bloodstained were also highlights.

I'm sure more titles will be on my radar eventually as well. One thing I'm pretty sure, though, is that Fire Emblem Three Houses didn't change my Meh reaction to this title or the series in general. Hopefully those who like the series are in for a treat. But certainly that portion of the Direct was somewhat difficult to watch.

I gave the Direct a 7. This isn't a bad score, in my opinion. Without Mario Maker and Zelda this thing would have shot down to a 2-3 for me. That's a bad score. If Metroid Prime Trilogy had been announced I would have given the whole thing a solid 8.5, and a little Animal Crossing footage would have pushed the whole thing to a solid 9.

Overall I'm thankful the Direct finally hit, and I'm appreciative that there are some other great titles in our near future. I'm really thinking about Dling FFIX right now. It's a title I missed out on and it seems like in this gap in releases that it might be time.

super_etecoon said:
One thing I'm pretty sure, though, is that Fire Emblem Three Houses didn't change my Meh reaction to this title or the series in general. Hopefully those who like the series are in for a treat. But certainly that portion of the Direct was somewhat difficult to watch.

Same here, I'll definitely still pick it up because I like the series but right now it just looks decent rather than great.

I could see it getting it's own dedicated Direct closer to release, if so I'm hoping it changes my mind.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I'll give it a 9, I usually never watch directs because they're usually terribly boring but this one held my interest throughout and they announced a good amount of games and we got release dates for already announced stuff. So really good overall.

10/10 Why? Well sure, it didn't have Metroid Prime Trilogy, Pikmin 3 port, a Pikmin 4 tease, a Pokemon new gen reveal, an Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion, and Bayonetta 3 update, or Joker gameplay with a tease for the next character in the Smash segment, but holy shit, the announcements just kept coming and coming and coming and coming! They packed SO much into the time they had, and so much of it was really good, and even unexpected. We got more than one NEW, THIRD PARTY, SWITCH EXCLUSIVE IP! And they weren't even rumored or leaked or anything! And they look really cool! That's never happened in a Direct before, multiple third party games being not only exclusive to a Nintendo system, but being all new IPs to boot. Third party really feels alive on Switch now. I think the third party lineup was honestly a bit more impressive than the 1st party, Fire Emblem not withstanding (I recognize FE is not everyone's cup of tea, but even without it, I'd give this Direct a 9/10, 10/10 if they replaced it with an update to an equally critically acclaimed title like Animal Crossing or Pikmin). This Direct was more than I ever expected to get from a Direct. Now if this had been an E3 presentation, this number would be quite lower even with adjusted dates, as an E3 presentation would have to have contained Pokemon and Animal Crossing. But as a beginning of the year Direct? 10/10

Around the Network
Platina said:
benji232 said:

My list of 2018 Nintendo published games is most definetely complete. I know, when you take a hard look at their releases in 2018, it's hard to believe. 

And if as a consumer of Nintendo, you encourage and don't mind those anti-consumer practices. Then yes, you don't respect yourself as a Nintendo consumer. Sorry to be so blunt.

As a self-and-others respecting Nintendo consumer, I don't really see how the 2018 1st party Switch lineup has anything to do with the February 2019 Nintendo Direct

My original rant was about captain toad DLC. This was obviously derailed.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M