By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - THQ Nordic currently has 77 games in development!

My guess they count ports and remasters, cause publisher no matter how big has 77 games in development

edit:Darksiders is my ultimate guilty pleasure franchises so hearing this is awesome:

Net sales in our Vienna based business area THQ Nordic increased 38% to SEK 352 million, largely driven by the release of Darksiders 3. The game has performed within management’s expectations and has recouped all the investments made in development and marketing during the quarter. In 2019, several DLC’s will be released that will give the game a further boost. Darksiders remains one of the Group’s key IP’s

Last edited by melbye - on 13 February 2019

Around the Network

That sounds like too few people for that many projects....

However they must be doing something right, their profits and revenue, and growth rates are all crazy.
So hopefully it works out for them.

melbye said:
My guess they count ports and remasters, cause publisher no matter how big has 77 games in development

Yeah alot of those have to be smaller titles, and ports/remasters.

I really liked Nordic Games before they got THQ. I'm surprised at how many developers they've acquired though. For such a small company, they are certainly making a huge leap. Let's hope they are successful and become a juggernaut of a company that produces great games for large audiences.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

They went berserk on acquisitions (latest being developers of Kingdom Come Deliverance), really hope it works out for them, I like their focus on A and AA games.

melbye said:

edit:Darksiders is my ultimate guilty pleasure franchises so hearing this is awesome:

Net sales in our Vienna based business area THQ Nordic increased 38% to SEK 352 million, largely driven by the release of Darksiders 3. The game has performed within management’s expectations and has recouped all the investments made in development and marketing during the quarter. In 2019, several DLC’s will be released that will give the game a further boost. Darksiders remains one of the Group’s key IP’s

That's pretty impressive considering the game failed critically and didn't sell that well either. Probably had a much lower budget than the others.

Around the Network

calm down THQ. Pace yourself

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

CaptainExplosion said:
Please let one of them be Time Splitters 4 or a Time Splitters collection!! :D

They will probably end up re-releasing every catalogue-titles they have the rights to

melbye said:

Barozi said:
melbye said:

That's pretty impressive considering the game failed critically and didn't sell that well either. Probably had a much lower budget than the others.

"As such, Pollice says his company’s forecast for Darksiders 3 is more modest.

‘I couldn’t drop any sort of number,’ he said. ‘I mean, we’d be happy if it [sold] a good 100,000 copies in the first few months.’"

source

What people need to remember is that selling well is more so based on the expectations of the company and also the budgeting of the title. 

Darksiders 3 sold very well, and while I would speculate that they probably would need more than 100k for the franchise to seriously be continued (that was probably the lowest possible end to make money back or make a small profit), it sold like 71k on Steam alone in the first week or so. Keep in mind too they expected 100k in a few months. 

It's a very well budgeted title and it only took 5 years from acquisition to release of the game. 

CaptainExplosion said:
melbye said:

They will probably end up re-releasing every catalogue-titles they have the rights to

Would that count towards 77 games in development?

I would assume so, like i said earlier how can any publisher have 77 original games in development

This is nice! I just want THQ Nordic to do a few things:

-Absorb Koch Media, Deep Silver, and any other publishing division they own into THQ Nordic

-Take their THQ Nordic ABCDEFGHIJK division or whatever the fuck it's called and just absorb it into THQ Nordic

-Don't do anti-consumer thingz plez

The management at the company seems a little bit hectic from an outsider's perspective, but if true nothing that can't be fixed with some restructuring.

Consider they own Darksiders, Goat Simulator, the publishers of Metro:Exodus, and now Kingdom Come Deliverance ... they're quickly becoming one of the most exciting publishers in the industry! I just hope that they can both develop big titles AS WELL as smaller-scale AAA or AA titles ... because that's a market that really needs some love.