By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 Coming at the End of 2020 According to Analyst: High-Spec Hardware for Under $500

Price, SKUs, specs ?

Only Base Model, $399, 9-10TF GPU, 16GB RAM 24 30.00%

Only Base Model, $449, 10-12TF GPU, 16GB RAM 13 16.25%

Only Base Model, $499, 12-14TF GPU, 24GB RAM 21 26.25%

Base Model $399 and PREMIUM $499 specs Ans3 10 12.50%

Base Mod $399 / PREM $549, >14TF 24GB RAM 5 6.25%

Base Mod $449 / PREM $599, the absolute Elite 7 8.75%

Total:80
Evilms said:
Of course the PC will always be in front, that's not new. But what I meant was that having the equivalent of a gtx 1080 on $499 consoles would be really good and enough to have PS5 quality games in 4K.

I remember what John Carmack said about Console hardware and PCs, and like hardware in a close environment can do miracles.   Rage was a good example of what he could do with PS360.  For the equivalent GTX 1080 performance, always keep in mind that PS5 and Next XBox will be out by end of 2020, and they will have a much smarter and efficient architecture, it's not only a matter of TF and raw power.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network
haxxiy said:
Random_Matt said:

What do you think PC will have in 2020, let's go as far as 2022?

We know which fabrication processes they will be using and we can extrapolate very safely any possible IPC gains. This sort of question is as inane as questioning the PS4 in 2012 for having a HD 7850 in it because PCs in 2013 or 2015 will be more powerful still.

Besides, right now, GTX 1080 hardware or more powerful is less than 5% of all PCs according to the Steam survey, so maybe your notion of "that's not high end" needs a little bit of calibration buddy.

Fair enough, just hope the CPU side of things has massive gains.

PortisheadBiscuit said:
Curious which AAA titles will be available at launch, I'm hoping for GTA 6 and/or Watch Dogs 3
 I'm very curious as well.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

PortisheadBiscuit said:
Curious which AAA titles will be available at launch, I'm hoping for GTA 6 and/or Watch Dogs 3

Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, Madden/FIFA/NBA, Battlefield 6

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

7 years after the last? Makes sense, I'll buy it in 2021 when they release a good game for it.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

They should look to have a huge launch exclusive (not crossgen a true next gen must have since there are so many PS4s out there less people would want to buy for it). Naughty Dog has had since Uncharted 4 in 2016 so 4 years should be enough to maybe get a new IP for a new gen right? Or maybe Horizon 2 from Guerrilla? Idk but something big and exclusive and at launch. Also they should launch in October at the latest. Get those launch preorders out of the way then get that second surge come holidays. Gotta get those first couple million outta the way to make it a holiday rush to get them when they restock.

I am Iron Man

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
They should look to have a huge launch exclusive (not crossgen a true next gen must have since there are so many PS4s out there less people would want to buy for it). Naughty Dog has had since Uncharted 4 in 2016 so 4 years should be enough to maybe get a new IP for a new gen right? Or maybe Horizon 2 from Guerrilla? Idk but something big and exclusive and at launch. Also they should launch in October at the latest. Get those launch preorders out of the way then get that second surge come holidays. Gotta get those first couple million outta the way to make it a holiday rush to get them when they restock.

I think releaseing GoT, Death Stranding, and TLoU2 as a cross gen release set (seeing how they have already been announced for PS4) and Horizon 2 as a PS5 exclusive at launch would pretty much destroy the competition.  A teaser of the next God of War would for PS5 would help drive hype as well.

Sony is in a very good spot as far as software line up goes IMO.  If they play their cards right, it could blow PS4 sales out of the water.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

zorg1000 said:
"According to Yasuda-san’s prediction, the new hardware will be a high-spec console priced at less than $500. Multiple AAA titles will also accompany its launch and support sales."

That's about the safest prediction I've ever seen.

Yeah.  Put in other words - "Sony won't try to sell garbage at prices proven, time and again, to be too high."

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

I agree with you, and they should have a killer application, a true next gen game; I would love a new IP from Naughty Dog, but I think it's too early for Launch; maybe the year after.

Guerilla G. should make a Launch Game, like the sequel of Horizon. This can be done!    

Harriet Tubman.

gonna be $400 and launch with TLOU 2.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick