By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 12 January 2019

That was the week of Super Mario U deluxe....hmmm...

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
NS - 252,613
PS4 - 221,011
XBO -77,462
3DS - 46,688
PSV - 1,708

Last year

NS-204,361

PS4-269,094

XBO-82,461

3DS-70,481

Vita-7955

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Amnesia said:

NSMBUD is a 6 year old port, it's not a system seller.

curl-6 said:
Amnesia said:

NSMBUD is a 6 year old port, it's not a system seller.

I guess this needs some argumentations...

Absolute *DOMINATION* from the Switch. It's *DECIMATED* the competition. 

(Inb4 the PS4 goes on to have many impressive weeks that beat out the Switch in 2019) 

Ok but for real, kind of a boring week. I can't tell if this is lead is because of NSMBUDX or if this is just what we can expect from the Switch going on. 

Around the Network

Looks like NSMBU didn't do sh*t. I mean, I'll wait for its software numbers which might be impressive but a system seller it's not.

Can you imagine how many more PS4's would have sold this month if the pacing of their E3 conference would have been better? I think I'm gonna be sick.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Ljink96 said:
Looks like NSMBU didn't do sh*t. I mean, I'll wait for its software numbers which might be impressive but a system seller it's not.

Yeah what the heck ... people were acting like it was going to be a pretty decent system seller. This looks like a regular week for the Switch all things considered, but again, I'm not really sure. And yes, I AM too lazy to look up previous weeks on VGChartz! Would be funny if the Switch ended up getting updates to adjust it's sales up a few tens of thousands after this haha... ha ... ha ha ha ... 

COKTOE said:
Can you imagine how many more PS4's would have sold this month if the pacing of their E3 conference would have been better? I think I'm gonna be sick.

I bet Flute guy is the EXACT REASON why the PS4 didn't beat the Switch this week. SMH! 

Ljink96 said:

Amnesia said:

Post holiday sales are always going to show a drop, NSMBU DX will be a long term seller and its goal shouldn't be to cause a big boost but to keep sales stable throughout this quarter.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Kinda funny that people were like ''Switch getting a port of a Wii U game'' and writing it off as a joke, they werent wrong saying this, but now that an old Wii U port didnt move consoles, they're suddenly surprised and acting like it was supposed to move systems. Can't have it both ways and use it when its most convenient xD

If anything It doesn't shock me at all that the game didn't do much for Switch. One of the reasons I didn't pick it up again because its just an ehh game and not worth a re-purchase for me, if you've played it on Wii U, you've already played this and if you've played any of the NSMB series in general, you've already played it. It will prob sell well to the current Switch userbase but no one will pick up a Switch just to play it.

As far as the numbers, Switch once again ahead, they've been ahead for awhile now, but this will change come mid/end January with the release of RE 2 and KH3. Due to Nintendo currently squandering early 2019. I can't see PS4 losing WW on a weekly basis after Mid Jan, PS4 will control most of 2019 unless Nintendo gets back on the ball.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick