By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Apex Legends", F2P Titanfall BR game set to stealth launch Monday *Update: Out Now*

Tagged games:

Its free so why not launch it on the switch too? Wheres that unprecedented partnership nintendo and EA were talking about? It was one of the reason why i bought a switch

Around the Network

No switch? Flop confirmed.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Twitch stream tomorrow at 8AM PST. Twitch name is PlayApex

So I guess a stream followed by release.

8 in the morning? Bit early for them, 4 pm for me, I'll keep and eye out. :)

Hmm, pie.

EricHiggin said:
Kerotan said:
Titanfall multiplayer was just alright but the campaign was epic, right up there with the infinite warfare campaign. I don't have high hopes but hopefully this BR thing is good.

I'm only a few hours into the Titanfall 2 campaign but it's really great so far. The MP is ok but nothing special, and without the Titan drops would really be quite generic. BR without Titan's seems like another generic BR game to me. A huge map with hoards of Titan's battling sounds more intriguing to me. We'll see I guess. Considering I paid $10 for Titanfall 2 and Apex will be F2P it's a little hard to argue about the content and it's quality. 

I got it for $5. Try the infinite warfare campaign you'll like it too. 

@topic. 4pm tomorrow. Sweet, glad to see us Europeans getting priority. 

twintail said:
Pinkie_pie said:
Its free so why not launch it on the switch too? Wheres that unprecedented partnership nintendo and EA were talking about? It was one of the reason why i bought a switch

This is s joke yeah?

It's not very good

Why do you think its a joke? i thought switch would be getting most of the EA games but they only got a few sports titles. I really regret buying the switch because Nintendo lied about the unprecedented partnership 

Around the Network
Pinkie_pie said:

Uhhh ... 

They said that during the Wii U era ... almost 6 years ago ... not during the Switch era. 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Pinkie_pie said:

Uhhh ... 

They said that during the Wii U era ... almost 6 years ago ... not during the Switch era. 

Didnt they announce the unprecedented partnership just before the switch launched? Im sure people here were talking it 

Why is this thread turning to talk about the Switch? or a conversation about EA from WiiU Era Nintendo, is that meant to be funny or just derailing? I can't even tell anymore.

on topic though, another Battle Royale title, I guess we're going to be seeing these pop up more and more since they require less work in general than full blown titles as most of the games seem to work around 1 or very few maps with limited class's or just weapons you find being the only differences to gameplay each round. Low investment high potential reward, shareholders dream.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

twintail said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Why is this thread turning to talk about the Switch? or a conversation about EA from WiiU Era Nintendo, is that meant to be funny or just derailing? I can't even tell anymore.

on topic though, another Battle Royale title, I guess we're going to be seeing these pop up more and more since they require less work in general than full blown titles as most of the games seem to work around 1 or very few maps with limited class's or just weapons you find being the only differences to gameplay each round. Low investment high potential reward, shareholders dream.

as long as they are fun to play. Personally I zero interest in PUBG, and I dislike playing Fortnite (or what I played of it). CoD was fun, though I don't want to pay for what is essentially a single map (unless there are more?) or game type like that. So, if this plays well, and is F2P without being P2W, I think it could be alright.

but sure, seems like easy work (so to speak)

can only speak from my exp with fortnite but I think that game is pretty much 100% not p2w everything that you go to your wallet for is cosmetic and has no impact on the game.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said: 

I've played PubG only a little however, played a fair amount of Blackout, never played Fortnite. Each have their strengths and appeal but in the end, like any genre the fad will end and people will stop trying to replicate to make money. Fortnite already won, it's like the whole CoD situation in late 2000s early 2010s, companies just making a war shooter to cash in not realising that CoD had taken the market already. If a game like this can get even 1% of Fortnite's player base it would be a success.

... however, it might appeal to those that want to play a less kid friendly BR but don't want to pay for CoD or PubG.

Hmm, pie.