By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Alita Battle Angel by James Cameron and Robert Rodriguez (based on the manga

I hate that she isn’t named Gally...

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
Keiji said:

Why do you think 500M ? 425M should be enough no ? The movie's budget is 170M so we do x2.5 (marketing included) = 425M.

Go to see the movie man, it's very good.

I just kinda doubt they only spent $42M on advertising.  They had a Superbowl ad, that was ~$5.5M on its own for (mainly) just the US audience.  They have been pushing this pretty hard, so ~$85M seems like a good estimate.  BOM also seems to agree, giving a number of $500-$550M to break even.

And we have foreign numbers in for the weekend, now.  This is the 2nd weekend for Alita in the international market and it has yet to cross $95M.  So, WW, with 4 days in NA and 10-12 days in foreign markets, it has a total of ~$131M.  If it gets a 2x multiplier from this point on, that's ~$262M WW.  So, that will be ~$238M that China and Japan, and possibly some other smaller markets it will release in in the coming weeks, will have to make up for.  Just don't see it happening.

It won't be easy. We will have a better view in one month from now. The word of mouth is very good, majority love the movie.

Last edited by Keiji - on 17 February 2019

axumblade said:
Eagle367 said:

Dark phoenix movie. Also don't mind the random letters, it's just how vgchartz works on smartphones

aka

Given how often Phoenix has been pushed back, I could see it being shelved (which is rumored to be what happened with New Mutants as well. *sigh* oh well, at least we got a cool cover of Cry Little Sister by Manson...) 

Wait new mutants is gone and dark phoenix is next> damn I was hoping to see those 2 since fox was doing really well with their mutant franchises for the last few

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

I thought the writing was terrible, but the visuals and action were good.

As far as the eyes go, I definitely felt the uncanny valley in the initial trailers, but not during the film. I don't know if they tweaked the visuals or I just got used to it in between, but she looked great on screen.

TallSilhouette said:
I thought the writing was terrible, but the visuals and action were good.

As far as the eyes go, I definitely felt the uncanny valley in the initial trailers, but not during the film. I don't know if they tweaked the visuals or I just got used to it in between, but she looked great on screen.

I love the script of the movie. They manage to put the first 2 volumes into the movie, with some change, but still, that was not easy, trust me.