By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft 2019 Super Bowl Ad: We All Win

That's a great ad, and (positively) surprising that that's their ad for the super bowl. Nice.

edit: anybody trying to spin this to a negative, shame on you. 

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network
flashfire926 said:

That's a great ad, and (positively) surprising that that's their ad for the super bowl. Nice.

Not going to work here.

flashfire926 said:

I feel that people aren't questioning the device or it's role in helping people but are pointing out that MS putting this on Superbowl isn't based on just altruism alone, it also gives MS good PR, now while people pointing this out are most likely doing so to try to show that Companies aren't altruistic Saints , it is something that once mentioned doesn't need to  be pushed any further, since the greatest benefit is likely to be found in increasing awareness for people with disabilities to a global audience. and that trumps them all.

Honestly it is a great advertisement, also makes me take for granted how easy I have it and had it.

Pemalite said:

It says allot allot about a Company/Business/Organization/Government with how they treat those who are most vulnerable.

I doubt Microsoft is making much profit from this scheme with the volumes they will end up shifting, So props to Microsoft... And I hope other companies take note and make similar innovations.

mjk45 said:

One of the most amazing videos I have ever witnessed was about a totally blind kid playing through Zelda Ocarina of time and he completed it relying on nothing but sound cues.

yes that's the one.

Around the Network
Chazore said:
flashfire926 said:

Not going to work here.

"Using disabled people to improve their brand image".

What are you even talking about? The fact of the matter is, MS is spending so much on a super bowl ad for a product that will likely sell very little.  Your vendetta is getting a bit ridiculous here. 

Last edited by flashfire926 - on 02 February 2019

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Well I think we can all agree its a very nice ad, its being well received and even those most critical of Xbox won't spin this as some sort of PR stunt looking for a niche market.

I mean only a person with a grudge would turn this heart warming video into that.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Chazore said:

Kerotan said:

In response to part of your post pretty much what I was saying. However unlike you I'll not hold it against them the fact they didn't give this push years ago. To me that's just looking for a reason to be negative on them. MS are one of the industry leaders in helping disabled gamers in a market that likely isn't very profitable if at all so why the hell do they not get full credit with no strings attached? 

We could take that thought process about any company in the world, pick something they didn't use 10 years ago and they hold it against them I strongly disagree. 

Knowing you kero, you'd take any chance you can take  

Really there wasn't much to add to the post, other than wanting to take a shot. 

I strongly disagree with your logic either way at the end of the day. People can and have been proven to abusing PR gains, like it or not. 

Jesus christ mate you just can't resist. My posts here have given high praise based on an academical approach to this advert and you still take a dig. There's just no winning with you. 

mjk45 said:
flashfire926 said:

I feel that people aren't questioning the device or it's role in helping people but are pointing out that MS putting this on Superbowl isn't based on just altruism alone, it also gives MS good PR, now while people pointing this out are most likely doing so to try to show that Companies aren't altruistic Saints , it is something that once mentioned doesn't need to  be pushed any further, since the greatest benefit is likely to be found in increasing awareness for people with disabilities to a global audience. and that trumps them all.

While the Super Bowl is broadcasted globally, local broadcasters in each country put in their own ads during the breaks. Understandably, because they aren't going to broadcast ads from American companies that they get no money from while they have to pay the NFL for the broadcasting rights of the Super Bowl.

Super Bowl game and halftime show have a global audience, the ads don't.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

I also like their holiday ad https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v70Fu2WU8-w