By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo FY Q3 Results (Switch 32.3m LT, Smash Bros 12m, Pokemon 10m..)

Miyamotoo said: 

-This year: 14.49 million

Is this the sales for calendar 2018 worldwide?

Around the Network
DélioPT said:
Miyamotoo said:

Agree, Q1 and Q3 were slower than expected for Nintendo, and most likely they expecting that Labo will move much more units.

Remember when you said that you didn't care if LABO didn't have a long life and that Nintendo would be happy if it only sold a few million? ;)

Yes, I remember, and I stand behind that, but is that Labo didnt sold few millions. ;)

12 million copies of Smash in a month, that's insane!

Signature goes here!

RolStoppable said:

Shipments from April to December 2018.

Related, VGC's sell-through estimates are good, because by the end of 2018 the gap between LTD shipments and sell-through is ~2m which is a normal value for a successful console.

So 17 mils sold to consumers during the whole calendar 2018 ? Thanks.

Call me pessimistic, but I hope the revised forecast is because they want to over deliver in the FY earnings. If not, this quarter is going to be very rough.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

With the 12m Smash moved maybe now those who were moaning about Nintendo focusing on the game can see why they did that, PLG showed it's doubters up to become a 10m seller taking the total up to five 10m sellers. Splatoon continues its march toward the 10m mark which at this rate should cross that barrier come the end of Q2 FY2019 with Mario Party looking like it may join the 10m club as well at some point, everyone's favourite villain 1-2 Switch is in there battling it could very well end up with a LT of 4-5m with its steady pace.

32.3m at the end of December means Switch at this point would be at 33m so has passed the N64 total.

Last edited by Wyrdness - on 31 January 2019

I've been called a hater, biased, lowballer, pessimistic, sony fanboy, to have an agenda, and a few other things that i don't remember now for months but I guess i was living in the right dimension after all.....

To all of you that called me that...THANK YOU.

Last edited by colafitte - on 31 January 2019

So Mario Tennis Aces is the best selling M,ario Tennis game of all time now.
Kirby Star Allies is now the third best selling Kirby game.
So now onto see if Yoshi can do super well on Switch as well.

Pavolink said:
Call me pessimistic, but I hope the revised forecast is because they want to over deliver in the FY earnings. If not, this quarter is going to be very rough.

Nah, it's most likely going to be a rough quarter. February is looking like a Wii U month...well not that bad but still. Yoshi is like the only "big" game for March and its at the very tail end of March. 

I just want to remember a few things....

back in December 15:
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8938973

back in January 03:
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8948254

I guess nobody is going to apologize or admit defeat, and i won't put names, but you know who you are...