By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo FY Q3 Results (Switch 32.3m LT, Smash Bros 12m, Pokemon 10m..)

Bofferbrauer2 said:

PAOerfulone said:
So out of the 22 million sellers on Switch, 7 of them are 3rd parties.
We obviously know that Octopath Traveler is one of them, what are the other 6?

My guessese
- Skyrim
- FIFA 18
- Crash N Sane Trilogy
- Sonic Mania
... That's the best I can come up with, I got no clue about the other two.

Super Bomberman R could be one

Also, Mario & Rabbits, Hyrule Warriors and Fire Emblem Warriors are all counted as third party iirc. And Mario & Rabbits sold over 2M already

Those three games are really tricky ones, because even though they were developed by 3rd party developers, they clearly are based off Nintendo's IPs, I mean one of them is Mario for cryin' out loud. So where's the line drawn between 1st party and 3rd party?

Around the Network

zorg1000 said:
WhatATimeToBeAlive said:

Are you talking about me, since I haven't ever made any prediction about Switch sales. I just found it funny that even though Pachter gets so much hate, this time it looks like he is the one who is going to be right.

Why are you ignoring that he originally said 8 million then 13 million before finally getting "right" with 16-17 million?

But he didn't say that he is predicting 8 and 13 million, he said that it's tracking to sell that many. And I don't think that anyone actually thought that those were his predictions. He was just looking for attention, and it worked. But with the 16-17 he said that it's his prediction.

"The rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated."

- Single-player Game

colafitte said:

chakkra said:

It´s on his Twitter

Thanks!

The closest thing they showed to worldwide sales is this, but it's just US+JP+EU....

Edit: VGC shows around 25'3M in US+JP+EU for comparison. I think that graph shows 25'9 or 26'0M.

Also that Asia is 7% of global shipments so that's 2.25m in shipments, probably close to 2 million sold.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

About a 17% profit. That really speaks well of their efficiency actually. Pleasantly surprised.

zorg1000 said:

colafitte said:

Thanks!

The closest thing they showed to worldwide sales is this, but it's just US+JP+EU....

Edit: VGC shows around 25'3M in US+JP+EU for comparison. I think that graph shows 25'9 or 26'0M.

Also that Asia is 7% of global shipments so that's 2.25m in shipments, probably close to 2 million sold.

If 2M is right, then we have around 28M sold just in those markets...

I've seen what Switch did last year for the rest of January and it sold around 630k from Jan 6th to Jan 27th. If Switch is already at 30'7M and it sells at least as much as last year, Switch is on track to be around 31'3-31'4M sold at the very least at the end of Jan 2019. So  Switch is going to be around 0'4-0'5M overtracked and probably more (because Switch selling more this year than last and because i doubt Switch sold precisely 30'9M) if we believe ZhugeEX numbers.

OT: How's your knee by the way?.

Around the Network

"Nintendo Switch Online has had a good start, with the number of subscribers surpassing 8 million accounts not including free trials.

Note: Includes accounts within Family Memberships"

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2019/190201_2e.pdf

colafitte said:

zorg1000 said:

I've seen what Switch did last year for the rest of January and it sold around 630k from Jan 6th to Jan 27th. If Switch is already at 30'7M and it sells at least as much as last year, Switch is on track to be around 31'3-31'4M sold at the very least at the end of Jan 2019. So  Switch is going to be around 0'4-0'5M overtracked and probably more (because Switch selling more this year than last and because i doubt Switch sold precisely 30'9M) if we believe ZhugeEX numbers.

Ya so it's probably slightly overtracked but good tracking from Vgchartz, being off by a few 100k ain't bad at all.

I'm at the ER now, I had surgery on this knee last summer to repair a torn meniscus, I'm guessing it got retorn.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:

colafitte said:

Ya so it's probably slightly overtracked but good tracking from Vgchartz, being off by a few 100k ain't bad at all.

I'm at the ER now, I had surgery on this knee last summer to repair a torn meniscus, I'm guessing it got retorn.

Uff, get better soon then.

As for VGC. VGC has being doing great this gen compared to previous ones. But if Switch is indeed at least 500K overtracked this need an adjustment. For 100k, 200k, or 300k i won't say anything but if it is something like 600k or 700k for example, VGC should adjust to what ZhugeEX said like when he gave us numbers for XBO a few days ago.

Octopath's success is particularly significant as it demonstrates that a third party Switch exclusive can achieve breakout success without having to borrow one of Nintendo's IPs.

curl-6 said:

Octopath's success is particularly significant as it demonstrates that a third party Switch exclusive can achieve breakout success without having to borrow one of Nintendo's IPs.

Ya I expect to start seeing more and more mid-level exclusives coming to Switch, especially from Japan.