By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo FY Q3 Results (Switch 32.3m LT, Smash Bros 12m, Pokemon 10m..)

Pachofilauri said:
Marth said:

Almost, but not yet :D

Damn, for the HW numbers being so close, the difference in SW is pretty huge.

Well the N64 had 5 years and change to sell those games, while Switch only has had less than 2 years for it now. However, the way the sales are going, Q1 or Q2 FY 2019 will break those numbers

Around the Network

Octopath already beat 1 million just outside of Japan. I wish I knew what those Japan numbers were though. I know that game had to be fairly popular their too.

Didn't think Let's Go would hit 10m so quickly. With Smash selling so well, it is easy to miss that this is a huge accomplishment.

zorg1000 said:
colafitte said:

Is Europe just Europe or EMAA??

If Europe is 40% up, then... VGC should show....exactly 4'8M, so on point.

I WAS WRONG GUYS, YOU CAN THROW ME OUT OF THE WINDOW NOW. 

If Europe is just Europe do we have ROTW numbers? So we can deduce worldwide numbers.

Edit: Can you post the source of the info please?

Just Europe and ya I'll try to

Edit: I just dislocated my knee so kinda busy at the moment lol

I'm following that resetera thread now. Nintendo is saying everything except total selltrough sales for 2018...grrr. But yes, if NA+JP+EU VGC numbers are correct then, that 17'0M sales and 30'2M lifetime sales seem to be correct. APOLOGIES TO VGC FOR DOUBTING YOU, please forgive me......

Color me surprised about that 40% growth in Europe. I genuinely am. I guess Nintendo used its second year to work in rest of Europe. Maybe it was too low in the first year and it was an abnormal number, so that's why the % grow is so much bigger this year.

Edit: LOL, get better zorg!

Last edited by colafitte - on 31 January 2019

colafitte said:
zorg1000 said:

Just Europe and ya I'll try to

Edit: I just dislocated my knee so kinda busy at the moment lol

I'm following that resetera thread now. Nintendo is saying everything except total selltrough sales for 2018...grrr. But yes, if NA+JP+EU VGC numbers are correct then, that 17'0M sales and 30'2M lifetime sales seem to be correct. APOLOGIES TO VGC FOR DOUBTING YOU, please forgive me......

Color me surprised about that 40% growth in Europe. I genuinely am. I guess Nintendo used its second year to work in rest of Europe. Maybe it was too low in the first year and it was an abnormal number, so that's why the % grow is so much bigger this year.

Sell through numbers has just been posted by ZhugeEX and it says:  "Nintendo Switch sell through to consumers has exceeded 30 million units as of the end of Jan 2019".

So yeah, it looks like it has indeed been a little bit overtracked here.

chakkra said:

colafitte said:

Sell through numbers has just been posted by ZhugeEX and it says:  "Nintendo Switch sell through to consumers has exceeded 30 million units as of the end of Jan 2019".

Source please?

End of Jan huh?..., but that "exceeded" could mean whatever...30'1M, 30'5M or 30'8M....

So i could be right in the end but for the wrong reasons??, I don't know how to feel.....

Around the Network

colafitte said:

chakkra said:

Source please?

End of Jan huh?..., but that "exceeded" could mean whatever...30'1M, 30'5M or 30'8M....

So i could be right in the end but for the wrong reasons??, I don't know how to feel.....

It´s on his Twitter

chakkra said:

colafitte said:

Source please?

It´s on his Twitter

Thanks!

The closest thing they showed to worldwide sales is this, but it's just US+JP+EU....

Edit: VGC shows around 25'3M in US+JP+EU for comparison. I think that graph shows 25'9 or 26'0M.

Last edited by colafitte - on 31 January 2019

Marth said: 

Octopath hits 1M with only overseas sales.
Toad million seller
Labo1 million seller.

Nintendo reports there are now 20 million sellers for the Switch.

Octopath above Labo Variety Kit. Talent won 

The way Smash sold that amount in such a short time . The power that that has, the access that that has, the international implications that that has.

PAOerfulone said:
So out of the 22 million sellers on Switch, 7 of them are 3rd parties.
We obviously know that Octopath Traveler is one of them, what are the other 6?

My guessese
- Skyrim
- FIFA 18
- Crash N Sane Trilogy
- Sonic Mania
... That's the best I can come up with, I got no clue about the other two.

Super Bomberman R could be one

Also, Mario & Rabbits, Hyrule Warriors and Fire Emblem Warriors are all counted as third party iirc. And Mario & Rabbits sold over 2M already

So if according to ZhugeEX, Switch has not reached 31M by 31 Jan 2019, VGC is obviously overtracking Switch, because is already at 30'7M by January 5th...BUT!, it's not because of Europe like my guess was, so i was wrong on that, it has to be because Rest of the world then....