By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Post Editing

adslife said:

How do I delete a post?, I meant to add a quote but missed it so did it again. I was to delete the first post but there's no option anywhere. How do I delete my post? 

You cannot delete posts. You can erase the post's content if you like so it's blank, but the post will always remain.

In this case, if you only made a mistake you didn't have to create a whole new post but just edit your existing one to include the quote using the edit button. (you would have to copy and paste the quote instead of using the quote buttons though)

Around the Network

The editing has been changed again.

Not sure I like having a history registry of my edits...

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

No need to get defensive Talon, I understood it was going to be used for moderation purposes.

Anyways, you could always put the free edit period of 5 minutes after posting that we had before, then all is good.

TomaTito said:

The edit notification is too sensitive again, like a few seconds long.

Was it done on purpose?

Edit: check

I tried to mention this two weeks ago.

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Hiku said:
TomaTito said:

No need to get defensive Talon, I understood it was going to be used for moderation purposes.

?
He just explained the purpose of the feature. How should he should have worded his post any differently?

But I don't quite understand what your issue is with the Edit registry. You don't have to look through it, so what exactly is the problem?

The uppercase "YOU" could have simply been lowercase.

I posted my issue on the VGC discord channel, will repost it here:

Edit history on VGC.....
This sucks, I hate having a history like that
It's showing my mistakes back at me
"You suck at writing, look at all your mistakes"
Most of the times I only edit in extra sentences, or correct gramatical errors afterwards.
There are even times I just edit a post aesthetically by splitting long sentences.

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Hiku said:
TomaTito said:
Edit history on VGC.....
This sucks, I hate having a history like that
It's showing my mistakes back at me
"You suck at writing, look at all your mistakes"
Most of the times I only edit in extra sentences, or correct gramatical errors afterwards.
There are even times I just edit a post aesthetically by splitting long sentences.

As someone who commonly edits my posts 10 times, because I feel I could have structure it better, or add or remove a word, spelling errors, etc, I have always been very aware of this fact, whether that Post Edit button was there or not.

We should created an edit intervention thread, to help us and others with our editing problems

In the past it was like that too, but there was an agreed edit quote free buffer time after a post,
and that was removed when the new functionality was added.

Last edited by TomaTito - on 03 June 2019

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network
Hiku said:
TomaTito said:

We should created an edit intervention thread, to help us and others with our editing problems

In the past it was like that too, but there was an agreed edit quote free buffer time after a post,
and that was removed when the new functionality was added.

I'm tempted to edit the post above...

You mean people could edit their posts within a few minutes without the 'Last Edited by' tag showing up at the bottom?
If so, I was not aware of that.

Jejeje, clearly you have not edited enough

"¡Viva la Ñ!"