By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NetEase Games Acquires Minority Stake in Quantic Dream

Chazore said:
DonFerrari said:

So YOU want they to change based on YOU knowing they are tired of doing the same mechanics?

Did you enjoy any of their games?

I want to see a new note, rather than the same one being played over the past, near 10 years.

I semi enjoyed two of their games, both being Fahrenheit, and heavy rain, the former which has had spawned the mechanics we've been seeing since 2005. 

Thanks, so you basically declared you have no interest in their games and want it changed to fit your taste and leave no company doing this type of game. As if there isn't enough (countless) game made on other genres or mechanics that you could like.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:

Thanks, so you basically declared you have no interest in their games and want it changed to fit your taste and leave no company doing this type of game. As if there isn't enough (countless) game made on other genres or mechanics that you could like.

No I haven't?. Notice I said "semi", not "Didn't enjoy". There are plenty of devs out there making story based click and play games out there.

If you want to get super hostile with me, I wouldn't. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
DonFerrari said:

No I haven't?. Notice I said "semi", not "Didn't enjoy". There are plenty of devs out there making story based click and play games out there.

If you want to get super hostile with me, I wouldn't. 

Semi-enjoyed their game from 10 years ago and asking they to do different games seems quite indicative that you want they to change because "they" should want to change.

Instead of being transparent and sincere that you don't really like their games or want those type of games. You were quite direct on they doing the same the past 10 years.

Please give me the name and games of these plenty devs making a game of the caliber of Detroit that follows the same type of gameplay.

PS: If you wish report me like you done on the other threads.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

this is really weird. Sony tried to buy them back then; and now they sell part of the company?? Why they did not do that back then??

Random_Matt said:
KLXVER said:

Well you could just buy 1 console instead of 3...

I would actually just stick to PC begrudgingly.

this

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:

Semi-enjoyed their game from 10 years ago and asking they to do different games seems quite indicative that you want they to change because "they" should want to change.

Instead of being transparent and sincere that you don't really like their games or want those type of games. You were quite direct on they doing the same the past 10 years.

Please give me the name and games of these plenty devs making a game of the caliber of Detroit that follows the same type of gameplay.

Semi enjoyed two games I might add. What exactly does it mean when I've played two of their games, but not the others?. Did I have to go out for your sake to buy everything they've made?.

No, I think it would be nice to see them change things up a bit, rather than staying exactly the same. You know sales for all sorts of games have declined over the years due to stagnation in game design right?. 

Why don't you just flat out tell me how you feel about me asking for a little bit change instead?. 

Me pointing out what they started with 10 years prior was an observation and a fact.

Rather than limiting it to just one game, why not spread it to other games that contain detective mechanics?. Otherwise "what game is on the same caliber as Star Citizen (oh wait, none of them are if we went with your logic).

PS: You're inviting yourself with your hostility right now.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

CGI-Quality said:
yvanjean said:

It's not good news for PS4 gamers.....

How is it bad news for them?

I don't need to get in detail about the importance of exclusives. But, you right that for current and future Sony platform owners, they aren't losing anything in term of what they can play.

So Microsoft lost Remedy, while Sony lost Quantic Dream. I dont really know what to say, other than that it's great that more people will get access to their games, I guess.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Chazore said:
DonFerrari said:

Semi enjoyed two games I might add. What exactly does it mean when I've played two of their games, but not the others?. Did I have to go out for your sake to buy everything they've made?.

It shoes it isn't your type of game not really a problem not liking it.

No, I think it would be nice to see them change things up a bit, rather than staying exactly the same. You know sales for all sorts of games have declined over the years due to stagnation in game design right?. 

They  are doing good profit doing what they know and their games have evolved, but since you haven't played their game in 10 years you wouldn't really know.

Why don't you just flat out tell me how you feel about me asking for a little bit change instead?

Why answer with a question when I already said why change the only high profile game of this type when there is plenty of games that are different already?

Me pointing out what they started with 10 years prior was an observation and a fact.

Rather than limiting it to just one game, why not spread it to other games that contain detective mechanics?. Otherwise "what game is on the same caliber as Star Citizen (oh wait, none of them are if we went with your logic).

PS: You're inviting yourself with your hostility right now.

Give hostilitty if you want. But first please list the devs and games that are of same caliber and doing similar gameplay. You said there were plenty.

DonFerrari said:

It shoes it isn't your type of game not really a problem not liking it.

They  are doing good profit doing what they know and their games have evolved, but since you haven't played their game in 10 years you wouldn't really know.

Why answer with a question when I already said why change the only high profile game of this type when there is plenty of games that are different already?

Give hostilitty if you want. But first please list the devs and games that are of same caliber and doing similar gameplay. You said there were plenty.

It shoes?.

No, you consume "semi" with "don't". You need to understand that Semi doesn't mean "don't/no".

They are doing good profit?. Their games haven't massively evolved the way P&C games haven't. No, I've seen them over the years, there is a big difference between seeing vs not seeing.

Because it answers the previous question, hence why I asked in the first place. 

You're the one that's getting super hostile over me looking forward to the devs taking a new change of pace, something which all sorts of artists like taking (like it or not). 

All you're displaying is outwards hostility to someone wanting to see the devs taking a slightly new outlook and direction. You don't want that because you think it will ruin a design mechanic that hasn't changed all that much in years. Having a new outlook on something is good, rather than staying close minded and repeating the same thing over and over again.