By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NetEase Games Acquires Minority Stake in Quantic Dream

I hope the best for the future.
love "Detroit: Become Human" and it's much better than the other Quantic Dream Games. Especially the characters and psychology-possibilities(decisions).

Around the Network

Basically not a good news for gamers

As long as they keep making the type of game they make and on the same quality or higher I'm all for they getting more money to increase their output or make games faster. Sony missed the opportunity to buy QD, but let's see what will come out of it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

NathanSSSS said:

Why not? 

CGI-Quality said:
NathanSSSS said:

Eh, it doesn't hurt gamers for them to expand, but there is a quality loss when trying to work with multiple platforms versus one. Remains to be seen how things go.

Actually there's nothing to do with QD ,the reason that worries me is companies like NetEase or Tencent have bad reputation among gamers in China because of micro-transaction and destroying good IPs, so we usually call them China EA for joking. They are big companies and they make money, a lot of money, mostly from their mobile games and online games, which I don't find enjoyable at least.

Around the Network

Prefer exclusive games myself, if everything went multi platform, I would not buy a console.

Random_Matt said:
Prefer exclusive games myself, if everything went multi platform, I would not buy a console.

Well you could just buy 1 console instead of 3...

I hope this works out for them.

They dont even have to be multiplatform, they can do an insomniac and make exclusives for different platforms. This new influx f money could mean they become a two or three team studio. Or at the very least they no loner be the one game per generation studio. Their games are to niche to be making only one or two every generation.

I fear there may be a drop in quality though, but that is baseless as we don't know how they can handle multiplatform development.

KLXVER said:
Random_Matt said:

Well you could just buy 1 console instead of 3...

I would actually just stick to PC begrudgingly.

Well let's see what becomes of this. I'm not so sure how well they would "transition" to other platforms they haven't touched in years, engine experience or not. I'd hope they make games that aren't completely movie based, and actually branch out a bit more. Not really worried about quality considering the lower end hw they are targeting. 

Last edited by Chazore - on 29 January 2019

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"