By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Metro Exodus Becomes a Timed Exclusive to Epic Store

Chazore said:

Kerotan said: 

Apples and oranges. MS, NINTY and SONY make the consoles mate that the games sell on. They are more entitled to a 30% cut on digital. And they only get a 12% cut at retail so overall they're getting far less then 30%. 

Not apples and oranges mate. Big difference between just keeping crap secret, and wanting to show proof of something. Someone claims they are a doctor in the street?, they need to prove it, words do so little in this world these days. Actions speak louder than words. 

They don't deserve to ask for the same cut Valve does, and trying to excuse it is being selective. If Valve has to lower to Epics cut, then so does everyone else. 

Mate you're taking this way to seriously. If everyone on here went on like you demanding proof when you don't believe something about their personal life this place would be a war zone. 

Nah Valve don't provide the hardware people play their client on. Sony, Nintendo and MS deserve their cut. And while I see Valve reducing theirs I can't see the big 3. 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:

Chazore said:

Not apples and oranges mate. Big difference between just keeping crap secret, and wanting to show proof of something. Someone claims they are a doctor in the street?, they need to prove it, words do so little in this world these days. Actions speak louder than words. 

They don't deserve to ask for the same cut Valve does, and trying to excuse it is being selective. If Valve has to lower to Epics cut, then so does everyone else. 

Mate you're taking this way to seriously. If everyone on here went on like you demanding proof when you don't believe something about their personal life this place would be a war zone. 

Nah Valve don't provide the hardware people play their client on. Sony, Nintendo and MS deserve their cut. And while I see Valve reducing theirs I can't see the big 3. 

Mate, calm down, you're taking it way too seriously, just calm it down a bit.

See how that sounds?.

"if people demanded proof, we'd be at war" - Kerotan.

I ask, only when I feel it needs to be, which isn't 24/7.

Nah, they don't deserve their cut, stop trying to excuse consoles from taking the same cut as Valve.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:

-Sip-

I don't want to spend anymore time in this thread but I will say this.

I honestly don't care if Valve make me wait for games, I just want them to be competitive in the market place again instead of just sitting back relying on 3rd part titles to carry them which any other storefront can get. You love the features, that's good for you. I have nothing against the features and I never said I don't like the features on Steam. However you choose to ignore the other half of the gamers on PC who just want to play games and in this very topic, it showcases Epic and MS offering games not available on Steam. Like I mentioned to you before, FH4 is exclusive to the Win10 Store, so having features on a game means nothing if you don't have the game to begin with. This is where I want to see Valve step up and take action and show MS and Epic that they can do that too.

I brought up how long iv been using Steam to showcase to you that I have seen the evolution of Steam, I have seen it evolve and change for the better over the many years of using it. Something I believe you have no idea about. Steam wasn't amazing at launch either, no body wanted it but it was forced upon us to play there games so we just accepted it for what it was back than. Platforms can improve and evolve and that goes for all platforms not just Steam which you come across as Steam is the only one that can do this. I don't know any service or platform that came out the gate on fire and user friendly without problems.

Now you mentioned I need to be careful for saying you are being desperate? Well maybe you need stop making accusations on others and there preferences, you don't know me so stop acting like you do.

CGI-Quality said:
Fellas, I'd say it's time to let that discussion end. Not that I think you guys shouldn't say your piece, but it's heading in that direction.

It wouldn't even go in this direction, if we didn't have people deliberately trying to act like they are a part of something, but not actually willing to truly be a part of it, while spouting nonsense and wishing for an industry I actually care about, to crumble and die, or be put under their vision of how it should be run. It's crap like that that makes the blood boil, and the backfire effect makes it all the worse.

I get enough of that from my sister on a weekly basis, but she also happens to suffer from mental health issues, but with a man that's nearing his mid 30's, I fully expect something other than twisting my worst right back at me, to make his own argument. It doesn't add anything, it's lazy and insufferable, not to mention insulting. 

Someone else has pointed out before that they had issues with a certain store, and those issues were brushed off and replaced with "give it time/in time", rather than admitting the company has a fault within itself. Even with evidence pointed out through various sources does it get tossed aside so easily, as if it never mattered.

All I want is a discussion that leads to an understanding, not someone who goes "meh, not important to me, doesn't matter, give it time" being thrown back all the time. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
CGI-Quality said:
Fellas, I'd say it's time to let that discussion end. Not that I think you guys shouldn't say your piece, but it's heading in that direction.

It wouldn't even go in this direction, if we didn't have people deliberately trying to act like they are a part of something, but not actually willing to truly be a part of it, while spouting nonsense and wishing for an industry I actually care about, to crumble and die, or be put under their vision of how it should be run. It's crap like that that makes the blood boil, and the backfire effect makes it all the worse.

I get enough of that from my sister on a weekly basis, but she also happens to suffer from mental health issues, but with a man that's nearing his mid 30's, I fully expect something other than twisting my worst right back at me, to make his own argument. It doesn't add anything, it's lazy and insufferable, not to mention insulting. 

Someone else has pointed out before that they had issues with a certain store, and those issues were brushed off and replaced with "give it time/in time", rather than admitting the company has a fault within itself. Even with evidence pointed out through various sources does it get tossed aside so easily, as if it never mattered.

All I want is a discussion that leads to an understanding, not someone who goes "meh, not important to me, doesn't matter, give it time" being thrown back all the time. 

Mate you really need to stop assuming things personally about me and others and also learn to respect our differing viewpoints. How do you know I'm approaching my mid 30's? You've absolutely no idea what age I am. 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Chazore said:

Mate you really need to stop assuming things personally about me and others and also learn to respect our differing viewpoints. How do you know I'm approaching my mid 30's? You've absolutely no idea what age I am. 

Your age is shown in your profile….it says 29. …….

…..

Also, he didn't meant you. 

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Azzanation said:
Chazore said:

-Sip-

I don't want to spend anymore time in this thread but I will say this.

1. I honestly don't care if Valve make me wait for games, I just want them to be competitive in the market place again instead of just sitting back relying on 3rd part titles to carry them which any other storefront can get. You love the features, that's good for you. I have nothing against the features and I never said I don't like the features on Steam. However you choose to ignore the other half of the gamers on PC who just want to play games and in this very topic, it showcases Epic and MS offering games not available on Steam. Like I mentioned to you before, FH4 is exclusive to the Win10 Store, so having features on a game means nothing if you don't have the game to begin with.

2. This is where I want to see Valve step up and take action and show MS and Epic that they can do that too.

3. Steam wasn't amazing at launch either, no body wanted it but it was forced upon us to play there games so we just accepted it for what it was back than. Platforms can improve and evolve and that goes for all platforms not just Steam which you come across as Steam is the only one that can do this. I don't know any service or platform that came out the gate on fire and user friendly without problems.

1. In relation to Metro Exodus, it's Epic and Deep Silver who make you wait for the game, not Valve. Competition is not the issue here and so is not a launcher made by the publisher for their own library of games i.e. Origin, Uplay. The issue is that Deep Silver backstabbed their customers on Steam and moved 2 week prior to launch to Epic and became timed exclusive there. 

2. If that means to take 3rd party titles hostage then I fully disagree. 

3. That's not entirely true. Since I wanted it and so did other people who actually installed and used it. The advantage was to get patches and updates over the launcher so you don't need to browse through countless of sites looking for working mirrors to get the patch. Valve developed a platform where it was easy for them to provide services to their software for all users of that platform at once. 

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Peh said:
Kerotan said:

Your age is shown in your profile….it says 29. …….

…..

Also, he didn't meant you. 

That's not accurate but even if it was how is 29 approaching my mid thirties. As I said it's not my age regardless. 

The metro devs have said the next game won't be on PC if gamers boycott it. They are certainly standing their ground.
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/4a-games-developer-if-metro-exodus-does-not-sell-on-the-pc-the-next-metro-will-not-come-out-for-it/